Heritage Owners Club

Expanding my horizons

brentrocks

Haha...wasn't that on eBay or Reverb?

That's sharp looking. Does it have locking tuners?

IT WAS ON EBAY....A PAWN SHOP IN DETROIT

IT APPEARS TO HAVE PLANET WAVES LOCKING TUNERS.

I TALKED TO THE PAWN SHOP MANAGER THIS MORNING, HE SAID THAT A YOUNGER FELLA CAME IN AND SOLD THEM HIS UNCLE'S GUITAR COLLECTION, THIS WAS ONE OF THEM. THE UNCLE HAD PASSED AWAY AND LEFT ALL HIS GUITARS TO HIS NEPHEW. HE SAID THE 550 WAS IN NEAR MINT CONDITION, JUST A CRACK ON THE PICKGUARD (WHICH I INTEND TO REPACE ANYWAY). THE PAWN SHOP TRIED TO CONTACT HERITAGE MANY TIMES TO GET INFO BUT NEVER GOT A REPLY.

IT APPEARS TO BE A CUSTOM ORDER 1 OFF. I'M THINKING IT HAS A FLOATING CENTER BLOCK, BECAUSE IT HAS A STANDARD SHALLER TAILPIECE AND BRIDGE. LOOKS LIKE IT HAS THE STOCK SCHALLER PICKUPS AS WELL....WAS KINDA HOPING THAT I FIND HRWS INSIDE WHEN I GET IT HOME.

HARD TO SAY IF I WILL BOND WITH IT....ITS CERTAINLY A FAR CRY FROM WHAT IM USED TO, BUT I GUESS IT WILL BE FUN TRYING....LOL

That's different. Not only do you buy every guitar you like, now you've started buying guitars that you DON'T like as well. You're out of control. hahahaha!

I GOTTA TELL YA....I CANT PLAY JAZZ TO SAVE MY ASS. I'M BETTING ON THIS BABY HAVING A KILLER OVERDRIVEN TONE..A LA TED NUGENT. I WISH IT HAD A THINNER RIM, LIKE A 525. ITS GONNA TAKE SOME GETTING USED TO.

IT WAS ON EBAY....A PAWN SHOP IN DETROIT

IT APPEARS TO HAVE PLANET WAVES LOCKING TUNERS.

I TALKED TO THE PAWN SHOP MANAGER THIS MORNING, HE SAID THAT A YOUNGER FELLA CAME IN AND SOLD THEM HIS UNCLE'S GUITAR COLLECTION, THIS WAS ONE OF THEM. THE UNCLE HAD PASSED AWAY AND LEFT ALL HIS GUITARS TO HIS NEPHEW. HE SAID THE 550 WAS IN NEAR MINT CONDITION, JUST A CRACK ON THE PICKGUARD (WHICH I INTEND TO REPACE ANYWAY). THE PAWN SHOP TRIED TO CONTACT HERITAGE MANY TIMES TO GET INFO BUT NEVER GOT A REPLY.

IT APPEARS TO BE A CUSTOM ORDER 1 OFF. I'M THINKING IT HAS A FLOATING CENTER BLOCK, BECAUSE IT HAS A STANDARD SHALLER TAILPIECE AND BRIDGE. LOOKS LIKE IT HAS THE STOCK SCHALLER PICKUPS AS WELL....WAS KINDA HOPING THAT I FIND HRWS INSIDE WHEN I GET IT HOME.

HARD TO SAY IF I WILL BOND WITH IT....ITS CERTAINLY A FAR CRY FROM WHAT IM USED TO, BUT I GUESS IT WILL BE FUN TRYING....LOL

NOW YOU CAN WORK ON NOT USING CAP LOCKS SO WE DON'T THINK YOU ARE YELLING AT US..

Looks like a killer guitar! Congrats! (BTW, George Thorogood rocks a hollowbody!)

Congrats.

I checked that one out in person a few months ago. It's def not mint but will surely shape up to be a nice one with some bench work and a bunch of TLC.

FYI- It's a full hollow......but It's been stuffed with many many small pieces of hand torn boat foam or something.

FYI #2- I'm interested in buying that "Zenobia" pick guard.

DO YOU HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL?

No, I just remember you once stated that an H550 would be a guitar that you'd have absolutely NO interest in owning. See, and you thought we weren't listening. ;)

I GOTTA TELL YA....I CANT PLAY JAZZ TO SAVE MY ASS. I'M BETTING ON THIS BABY HAVING A KILLER OVERDRIVEN TONE..A LA TED NUGENT. I WISH IT HAD A THINNER RIM, LIKE A 525. ITS GONNA TAKE SOME GETTING USED TO.

I can certainly appreciate your line of thinking but keep in mind that Ted Nugent's Byrdland guitars have Spruce tops and you can really hear that spruce; it makes a big difference. I've had it on my mind for many years to find a Heritage guitar alternative to owning an actual Gibson Byrdland but the specs are drastically different from anything that Heritage offers. I think the closest you could get in tone would be to mount a bridge humbucker on a Sweet 16 (which, as you know, come with Spruce tops) but then you wouldn't get the feel because the bodies and the neck profiles are much wider than the Byrdland model.

But I think I could live with a single-cut H555 with a Spruce top, a Florentine cutaway and a thin Maple neck with an Ebony fingerboard.

Archived