Heritage Owners Club

Find the NAD

LK155

Yup, I bought a Quilter 101.

Yup, it's in the picture.

DSC_0938_01_zpstnrpbzne.jpg

Now I don't have to break my back bending over to adjust amp controls.

I trust you carefully noted the construction of the excellent amp-stand (more correctly, it's a CD rack stand): the finest quality pure white styrofoam (specially imported from Taiwan in a sturdy cardboard box also containing a garage door opener), skillfully cut into precision-fit pieces (ever tried to slice styrofoam with a serrated breadknife?), and left in a natural finish.

Maybe I'll build something a bit more elegant out of, you know, actual wood or something.

In my spare time.

This'll do for the moment.

Still can't get over the size of the box vs. the size of the sound.........this thing sounds huge with a 2x12.

DSC_0942_01_zpsbdhlwzlp.jpg

Oh yeah, the other stuff.......... I fear the VR's redundancy factor just jumped.

DSC_0941_01_zpsynwiwucq.jpg

That's a lot of amp for around $300. Well done, Lyle.

Hey, why not paint the Styrofoam black or some other color?

Now why didn't I think of that?

Think I'll give it a try.

What could possibly go wrong?

Yup, I bought a Quilter 101.

Yup, it's in the picture.

DSC_0938_01_zpstnrpbzne.jpg

Now I don't have to break my back bending over to adjust amp controls.

I trust you carefully noted the construction of the excellent amp-stand (more correctly, it's a CD rack stand): the finest quality pure white styrofoam (specially imported from Taiwan in a sturdy cardboard box also containing a garage door opener), skillfully cut into precision-fit pieces (ever tried to slice styrofoam with a serrated breadknife?), and left in a natural finish.

Maybe I'll build something a bit more elegant out of, you know, actual wood or something.

In my spare time.

This'll do for the moment.

Still can't get over the size of the box vs. the size of the sound.........this thing sounds huge with a 2x12.

DSC_0942_01_zpsbdhlwzlp.jpg

Oh yeah, the other stuff.......... I fear the VR's redundancy factor just jumped.

DSC_0941_01_zpsynwiwucq.jpg

What year is the VR? I might be interested!

Now why didn't I think of that?

Think I'll give it a try.

What could possibly go wrong?

I've never seen the thinners in spray paint play "nice" with Styrofoam.

Worst case, you'd turn your NAD colors!

Whew! If it was some of the other members on here asking us to find their NAD's, I'd be hesitant to open this thread. Thankfully, that tiny Quilter was all it was. It is a tiny amp, glad to know you like it. If you ever play it in a band setting, I'd like to know the results. PSP perhaps?

Archived