Heritage Owners Club

ALSB, OSB, ASB Definitions

Teo22

Sorry for the ignorance, but I see these acronyms so often and don't know what they mean. Maybe someone could help me out here.

Thanks,

Ken

Hey Ken,

Honest question. The Heritage Guitars website is so antiquated, that most folks don't bother checking it. However, the one thing they do have is a color chart that might answer this question.

Hope this link helps. :icon_smile:

http://www.heritageguitar.com/finishes.html

I still don't understand the difference between Old Style Sunburst (OSB) and Antique Sunburst (ASB)

I just bought a 150 Deluxe that is ASB. It could pass for an amber-tinted natural. The outer part of the burst is very faint. Only thing I can figure is it's supposed to look like it's faded from the sun and age.

I think it must depend on who is spraying and who mixed the color on any particular day.

my recollection, from years of drooling on my keyboard, OSB is consistantly a browner sunburst that the others. It's got the requisite guitar pick shaped lighter center that doesn't have the yellow of other bursts, but leans tan, fading to a deep tobacco/coffee. The A-bursts seem to me to have yellow/honey hue to the center that blends with a brown frame that seems to include some reds or something.

I just know that I've seen a couple OSB's that elicit visions 18th century violins with a French polish quality to them. Steiner knows what I've been smokin' and can speak to it better than I.

I recall slammer had a 150 with a kick ass OSB. And doesn't Kenny's go to Prospect come with OSB?

my recollection, from years of drooling on my keyboard, OSB is consistantly a browner sunburst that the others. It's got the requisite guitar pick shaped lighter center that doesn't have the yellow of other bursts, but leans tan, fading to a deep tobacco/coffee. The A-bursts seem to me to have yellow/honey hue to the center that blends with a brown frame that seems to include some reds or something.

I just know that I've seen a couple OSB's that elicit visions 18th century violins with a French polish quality to them. Steiner knows what I've been smokin' and can speak to it better than I.

I recall slammer had a 150 with a kick ass OSB. And doesn't Kenny's go to Prospect come with OSB?

My Prospect is a combo of OSB and DALSB, but leans more towards the DALSB family. The Millie DC NFH is genuine OSB all the way!!

millie2008-fullfront1.jpg

And the H157 I sold to Cosmikdebris (the pic of the one being used by the summer camp giveaway) is a good example of OSB.

h157-fullbod.jpg

I think it must depend on who is spraying and who mixed the color on any particular day.

This!

Also, some variations of the colors/shades are the special requests of customers or dealers.

OSB is very close to ASB according to the color chart.

This is my '93 OSB Golden Eagle. There is NO red in this one.

gallery_8_136_304644.jpg

gallery_8_136_570102.jpg

This!

Also, some variations of the colors/shades are the special requests of customers or dealers.

OSB is very close to ASB according to the color chart.

This is my '93 OSB Golden Eagle. There is NO red in this one.

gallery_8_136_304644.jpg

gallery_8_136_570102.jpg

I've noticed there is a huge difference in the way OSB looks on Spruce as opposed to Maple. It's a much more subtle transition on the shades. Looks much ........ older, subdued on the Spruce. Still my fav color.

I have had a lot of discussions with Mr. Marv Lamb about Heritage doing their best to get the finishes to match on Spruce (usually the front) and maple (usually the back, sides and 5 piece necks). It is not an easy thing to do but you wouldn't know it when you look at the finished Guitars. Just something else that Heritage do so well that we take for granted.

You got it, most shadings will look different on Spruce, versus on Maple. An OSB on a Heritage SKB

file_zps80faywi6.jpg

file_zpsgo1jacjy.jpg

As much as I like and admire the Centurion ......... ^^^^ this. And I'm not a huge fan of the Florentine cut. But this KB is something.

As much as I like and admire the Centurion ......... ^^^^ this. And I'm not a huge fan of the Florentine cut. But this KB is something.

Yeah... I can relate to that. I bet that KB sounds great acoustically too..

Archived