Heritage Owners Club

NGD Incoming -- Artisan Aged Custom Core H-150

lwilliams

This just shipped about an hour ago.   2023 AA CC H-150 Dirty Lemon

I should have it on Thursday.  Excited for this more than a lot I've gotten.  (Going to compare to my G R9.  From what I read, it should be better.)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

My R9 vs. CC was interesting.  The CC felt perfect in respect to weight and the small build details were just cleaner.  The fretwork was also perfect.  I preferred the carmalita R9 neck shape a little more, just had more nuance to the contours, and we just a hair thinner, depth and width.  I preferred the custombuckers of the R9 over the 225s.  I would really like to hear the 225s fully unpotted as I think it's a tough comparison otherwise.  They were really on the same level to me, but my ML R9 was about double the price of my CC.  I don't intend to buy another R9 but I have another CC on the way.  The value is just so much better.

The CC case is 10x nicer than the Gibson reissue cases.

I saw that one on Sweetwater.  Best looking one they had in at the moment! Enjoy it!

I thought part of the deal with Heritage selling Jon Gundry those old Gibson pickup winding machines was the option to OEM Throbak pickups?

Why didn't they do that?

I guess they figured they'd just make their own.

It's made to the FedEx in town.  I expect to have it later today.

So, tonight should be fun.  And, I am home with nothing scheduled all day tomorrow!!!  NGD with a day off work....  It's gonna get loud!

I will post my comparisons between the CC and the R9 on Fri or Sat.

22 hours ago, bolero said:

I thought part of the deal with Heritage selling Jon Gundry those old Gibson pickup winding machines was the option to OEM Throbak pickups?

Why didn't they do that?

I guess they figured they'd just make their own.

Throbaks would seem like a fitting option on these.

So far loving everything but the tuners.

What will fit as a "drop-in" replacement.....  they seem to be Gotoh, but it looks like Schaller will be a drop in replacement.   I would like aged to match the rest of the guitar.

I feel like this is a keeper.  

55 minutes ago, lwilliams said:

So far loving everything but the tuners.

What will fit as a "drop-in" replacement.....  they seem to be Gotoh, but it looks like Schaller will be a drop in replacement.   I would like aged to match the rest of the guitar.

I feel like this is a keeper.  

Gotohs are drop in replacements.  Get the Gotoh set on Amazon that match the set screw location.  The Gotohs are much, much better than the standard tuners.  I replaced mine and never looked back, they are rock solid.  Only problem is Gotoh doesn't make a Nickel aged set.  So age them yourself or just live with the new set look.

Archived