Heritage Owners Club

Finally the Holy Grail, now with pictures added

Wrinkleygit

IMG_3546.thumb.jpeg.5f8a9b54e309eee472878dd6f37a0bec.jpegHaving spent some time with my new acquisition, scratch plate removed, original tailpiece refitted, restrung with my favourite DR Veritas 9-46, truss rod adjusted together with pickup and pole pieces tweaked. 
  The original Schaller pickups are still in the case, it came fitted with Sunbear paf’s from a small UK maker, they sound too good to remove and I’ve emailed them to try and get some more info. On the back of the scratch plate were the letters asb in pencil which I assume means Autumn Sunburst, the frets are barely marked and the neck is in great condition , it’s no 019 of the Deluxe series.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pressure said:

Fab guitar. I think asb refers to " Antique Sunburst". There might be a sticker under the control plate with this information.

Thanks, I have removed the cover but it looks like the sticker is long gone . Could it also be Almond Sunburst ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2023 at 7:05 AM, pressure said:

Fab guitar. I think asb refers to " Antique Sunburst". There might be a sticker under the control plate with this information.

No Richard that’s almond sunburst.