bolero Posted Saturday at 02:17 AM Posted Saturday at 02:17 AM Saw this doc on PBS featuring both Heritage and Kal-Tone guitars: web link https://www.pbs.org/video/guitar-makers-in-kalamazoo-ljajem/ 2 2
Steiner Posted yesterday at 01:56 PM Posted yesterday at 01:56 PM (edited) Does Heritage make a semi-hollow with a solid top? PS - Nice snatch bolero. Edited yesterday at 01:58 PM by Steiner
MartyGrass Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago Heritage has made thin bodies with solid tops but not as a sustained model. I don't know the worth of a solid top over a full center block with mounted controls and two pickups on a thin body. Maybe. I don't recall such a model. The Gibson Johnny A used solid woods in a small hollow archtop. I really couldn't hear a difference in recordings with this design compared to a weight relievied H-150 or Gibson Les Paul Supreme. But that's just me. I know people who hear things that I have no idea what they're talking about.
Gitfiddler Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago Heritage described the construction of the Millennium models as "semi-solid"... Here's an old HOC thread that discusses it: 1
TalismanRich Posted 52 minutes ago Posted 52 minutes ago I must say, that's one fine looking Millennium and a fine looking amp as well in that discussion..... Fine! 😁
Spectrum13 Posted 30 minutes ago Posted 30 minutes ago 19 minutes ago, TalismanRich said: I must say, that's one fine looking Millennium and a fine looking amp as well in that discussion..... Fine! 😁 If you think that Milly is fine, Gitfiddler has an Eagle that would surpass it, but he is a modest kind of guy.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now