Heritage Owners Club

Hold on to your guitars!

GrandpaLarry

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just spoke with Vince Margol and Heritage IS NOT being bought or sold

Great News!

Now I can continue on my quest. The H-357!

And other Models. ;)

The rumor of Heritage being sold is a semi-regular occurance. Something tells me that when the day comes that there is "retirement", "transistion", "sale", or whatever the flavor of the week is, we at HOC will know FIRST, from the inside.

And remember, part of the reason Mr. Margol and the boys were such a good fit to begin with is because (of age difference and other reasons) it allows for continuity when the days come that any/all of the original members decide to go golfing or fishing, or whatever.

I think guitar making at Parsons St. will go on for some time to come. Carry on fellas.

I also placed a call to Heritage this morning and was assured that there has been no sale of Heritage Guitar Inc. They said "really? Who's the buyer?" I was told that no one there gave out any such information. Maybe the ghost of Orville Gibson answered the phone that day! Every one is still there working doing the same things they do every day which is building great guitars!

I also placed a call to Heritage this morning and was assured that there has been no sale of Heritage Guitar Inc. They said "really? Who's the buyer?" I was told that no one there gave out any such information. Maybe the ghost of Orville Gibson answered the phone that day! Every one is still there working doing the same things they do every day which is building great guitars!

What!? Not being sold?! Crap! I was hoping for a special 'Going Out Of Business Sale' deal on a custom one-off. Oh well, maybe next time. ;)

Anyone else think Grandpa Larry is having himself a good laugh right now?

Not me. I think he was given some bad intel from a usually reliable source. Larry was just passing on what he thought was vital information we needed to hear. Did help get the blood t'flowing and the discussions rollin', tho'! ;)

Anyone else think Grandpa Larry is having himself a good laugh right now?

No,

I think he had good intentions and thought he had the inside scoop. He does have a 535 AND He is right about holding on to a Heritage, duh. Now is the best time to buy one or two or three or four....etc.

The truth is if I was McCloud or Chester I would be dead now and most likely I am the ghost in the Kalamazoo factory and I am working on driving them crazy if they don't start making the H-357 again!!! Actually I was born in 1959 and just found out at 50 years of age that My dad named me after the actor because he liked the character Chester that he played on TV. My website www.bigorangeguitar.com gives a little info of me and my business.

Thanks, you guys are great fun!

Dennis

Yes..THAT we are!!

I did leave a message saying that HOC members had threatened a lynching if he didn't pass more information on.

Actually, I originally posted this information in the hope that a few members, some of whom appear to be well connected, could shed more light on the subject.

Larry's a newbie here, and his enthusiasm to be involved in passing on what would be very significant information, were it true, is understandable. However, there are folks here who are as "well connected" as any one outside the inner sanctum might be, perhaps some dealers (exclusive of Jay, I would think) included. And were that news available for public consumption, I suppose those folk would be among the first to know, and to spread the word. Read the posts on this thread from members with 800, 1500, 2000+ posts, the guys who were around for the fire, and for the arrival of Vince, and who've been to a couple of PSP's, to get some perspective on all of this. And "lynching" is not our style! Scarlet "A," honey and an anthill, tarring and feathering, having one's head photoshopped onto a jackass, or just letting Bird have at you, maybe....

OK, let's put this one to bed for good.

I called Heritage at 7:45AM and a VERY reliable source (that asked to remain anonymous) said that the company is NOT being sold.

BUT, do hold on to your Heritages because they are INCREDIBLE handcrafted guitars!

Details are the one thing I don't have. I've been calling my friend all day at home, but I have not reached him. I did leave a message saying that HOC members had threatened a lynching if he didn't pass more information on.

Actually, I originally posted this information in the hope that a few members, some of whom appear to be well connected, could shed more light on the subject.

i hope your "friend" isn't playing a cruel joke on you..that would be mean..

OK, let's put this one to bed for good.

I called Heritage at 7:45AM and a VERY reliable source (that asked to remain anonymous) said that the company is NOT being sold.

BUT, do hold on to your Heritages because they are INCREDIBLE handcrafted guitars!

thanks Kuz..I think I can poop now..(too much info?)

Larry's a newbie here, and his enthusiasm to be involved in passing on what would be very significant information, were it true, is understandable. However, there are folks here who are as "well connected" as any one outside the inner sanctum might be, perhaps some dealers (exclusive of Jay, I would think) included. And were that news available for public consumption, I suppose those folk would be among the first to know, and to spread the word. Read the posts on this thread from members with 800, 1500, 2000+ posts, the guys who were around for the fire, and for the arrival of Vince, and who've been to a couple of PSP's, to get some perspective on all of this. And "lynching" is not our style! Scarlet "A," honey and an anthill, tarring and feathering, having one's head photoshopped onto a jackass, or just letting Bird have at you, maybe....

Letting bird have at them with his wit and photo (shop) skills? - Oh no please....anything but that!!

Now that I would have remembered !

I do remember a couple of bikinied "ladies" courtesy of Photoshop :D

Archived