Heritage Owners Club

Listen to my H-157 w/ Sheptone pickups

FredZepp

Ha...I am there now....just got an email from You tube ..I guess because I subscribe to your you tube site......really nice Fred...that 157 looks a lot like mine!....really nice tone...always like to see your vids Fred....... got inspired to learn "Kashmir" (and DADGAD tunning).... and play "Lemon Song" again after watching your videos.

Fred, I'm digging your channel, and esp. that Lemon Song..

Thanks for the compliments ...

My vids tend to be rather sloppy, but that's just kind of how I do it...

It does show some of the tones in that guitar fairly well ,

There are some convincing strat tones at the start and I do love the nasal sound of the out of phase .

There are some convincing strat tones at the start

Actually, some of the best from tapped humbuckers that I've ever heard! I'm more of a strat guy . . . or I used to be anyway. Now, I'm more of a 575 guy. :-) But, I still have a special place in my heart for that single-coil, bell-like tone . . . a guitar set up like yours there could be extremely valuable in my stable! Really nice stuff, man! Is that all factory stuff?

Actually, some of the best from tapped humbuckers that I've ever heard! I'm more of a strat guy . . . or I used to be anyway. Now, I'm more of a 575 guy. :-) But, I still have a special place in my heart for that single-coil, bell-like tone . . . a guitar set up like yours there could be extremely valuable in my stable! Really nice stuff, man! Is that all factory stuff?

No , it has aftermarket changes....

Shepton Tribute PAF pickups, Bumblebee caps, 4 push-pulls ( coil tap , out of phase, and series, like the J Page wiring )

Guest mgoetting
It's just a youtube vid ... recorded with haste to show a couple of tones.

It does give a sample of the coil tap ( single coil ) sound and the out of phase ( nasal ) tones ...

But I just end up cranking it up and having some fun... :o

H-157 Demo FredZepp YouTube

Nice videos and some great Jimmy Page!

What strings are you using with your Centurian?

BTW, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to play a real archtop that way. But I won't report you to the distortion police.

WoW!! Fred thanks for sharing..what a variety of tones..If you come to PSP III, I would like to jam with you..I think we are both black men in caucasian bodies!! Sweet!!

While certainly not a flawless video, it does a pretty good job of showing some of the tones...

It is the guitar plugged directly into the amp , no effects. ( other than the gain and reverb on the amp. )

mgoetting... I don't recall what strings are on the Centurion, but most here would say that they are too light, I'm sure.

I just raised the action on it... I like guitars that are easy to play, but it was too low.

smurph1.... PSP III is made for jammin'... for sure.

"Goin down to Hendersons farm

Going to join in a rock and roll band

Gonna camp out on the land and set my soul free

We are stardust , We are Golden

And we've got to get ourselves back to the Garden...."

Good stuff Fred . Just wondering if your were running a pre-made Jimmy Page harness like through RSguitarworks or if you had done it yourself?

I bought it with all the parts installed, but did need a local shop to re-do some of the wiring.. there was a problem with the pickup selector switch broken in shipping.

Their normal repair guy looked inside and decided that it was beyond him, so we took it to their expert.... here's the control cavity..

post-1051-1276040075_thumb.jpg

I really like the Sheptone pickups... the guys at the shop liked 'em too...

Holy Wires Batman!!!

:D:D:D

That's kind of what their regular guy said...

He was changing the switch and I asked him if he had looked in the control cavity... He says yes and I'm not going to touch anything in there at all.

So the other guy wires it up and calls me ,,,, puts the phone up to the speaker... asks .. is that right?

So I describe each setting and what we should hear and how it should sound... he did have it right.

It was something a bit different for them... no doubt.

• 2 years later...

Archived