Heritage Owners Club

1996 1996 Heritage Johnny Smith in Trans Red. Beautiful or ugly?

SteveHoffman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DAMMM...he's good

Dude can FLAT OUT PLAY!!!

Wonder what Vince is up to lately....

Man, oh, man am I a big fan of Vince!!!

what is the old saying, "better red then dead" or something like that?

post-179-1277870432_thumb.jpg

post-179-1277870459_thumb.jpg

I sort of love this color. It's dead mint and not much money (for this type of Heritage guitar) and it's been on my mind recently but my wife thinks the color is just dreadful. I sort of dig it. It certainly would stand out in a crowd.

What do you think? Beautiful or doggie?

Sorry for the goof in the thread heading. Can't figure out how to fix it.

N ice guitar (I type like Paulie Shore Speaks...LOL)

Abalone inlays, fingers Tailpiece.... she is really a worthy catch!

On the wife thing, hope she is not like my wife... she would ride my butt till death. She even named one of my guitars Liberace! LOL But I fixed that.

Hope you get to enjoy her, she really is a nice piece.(The guitar!!)

I sort of love this color. It's dead mint and not much money (for this type of Heritage guitar) and it's been on my mind recently but my wife thinks the color is just dreadful. I sort of dig it. It certainly would stand out in a crowd.

What do you think? Beautiful or doggie?

Sorry for the goof in the thread heading. Can't figure out how to fix it.

Hello Sir, I have ogled this guitar for rather a long time and know its location and price. The seller is decent - I bought another (cheaper) guitar from them and the transaction was fine. I do think this is a uniquely rare guitar, and the price is probably right, a little high perhaps but one needs to note the fact that the model is no longer made, it appears to be in mint condition, it has that unique combination of 25inch scale on 17inch body, the color is a custom finish, and that inlaid rose on the pickguard is also a "one-off". I do not fully understand your wife's concern unless of course her disgust is really an expression of pain at the potential dent in the family budget. The guitar has been on sale for quite a while and I think you may be able to knock the price down a bit. There's my three cents worth. Best of luck!

I have tried not to respond to this thread . . . . but my efforts have failed. As most here will attest to, I am somewhat . . . . opinionated. Your uncertainty regarding this guitar tells me that you should pass on it. I am very familiar with Heritage Johnny Smith guitars. You will find other and different guitar else where . . . . but you will not find any better. I am also very aware of their cost. If you need affirmation from anyone, other than your self . . . . then don't buy it!! You either love this guitar in its current state .. . . which includes the color . . . .. or you don't. If you don't love this guitar now and buy it anyway, you will regret buying it and eventually want to sell it. When that moment presents itself, let me know. I will buy it from you and end your misery.

I bought it. My wife loved the color and the rose on the pickguard. I love Johnny Smith guitars and I love Heritage guitars. Can't lose.

$3200.00 delivered from John Reynolds at Golden Age.

http://www.gbase.com/gear/heritage-johnny-...he-1996-trans-r

Brand new guitar from 1996. Looking forward to playing it.

Thanks all for your advice, etc.!

I bought it. My wife loved the color and the rose on the pickguard. I love Johnny Smith guitars and I love Heritage guitars. Can't lose.

$3200.00 delivered from John Reynolds at Golden Age.

http://www.gbase.com/gear/heritage-johnny-...he-1996-trans-r

Brand new guitar from 1996. Looking forward to playing it.

Thanks all for your advice, etc.!

Congratulations Sir! I do think this was a wise decision and that was an excellent price too! Perhaps you could post some photos and, dare I suggest, a sound or video clip so that we may all luxuriate in the opulence of the sound of a beautifully-made classic Heritage archtop! By the way, the great Johnny Smith himself is also a wonderful person to have associated with this guitar.

Best wishes.

Archived