Heritage Owners Club

I've got G.A.S. for this Vintage Gibson GA-45 RVT Saturn

schundog

Not needing an amp or guitar is one of the silliest reasons I have ever heard for not buying it.. Do you think you have too many guitars or amps? Do you think you are better than the rest of us? Buy it and we can all be supportive of your decision.

How many amps have a dial so you can turn it on? And then really turn it, again? Ya gotta get that one.

Ha! Not only that, but this space age amp (hey, it IS a 1965ish SATURN!) has two indicator lights near the off/standby/on dial; The lower one lights up when on standby, and switches to the upper light when the voltage hits the tubes and you turn it on. VERY Star Trek.....

I played this again today, and almost walked out with it..... again... It's just very similar to my 1977 Fender Vibrolux Reverb. That's not a BAD thing; it just makes it unnecessary to own. I just don't know if I can resist it if I dare go back in again!

How much do they want for it?

They have it listed for $499, but they don't have the foot switch, which would be necessary to turn the tremolo on and off. Like Fender Blackface and silver face amps, you can use the reverb without the switch, but not the trem. They assume it just doesn't work. They are willing to take $399 + tax for this "problem." I was hoping for $399 out the door. I'm just being stubborn, not uncommon for me, haha.

Brian, Brian, Brian.....You still haven't pulled the trigger on this one?

You know you want it.

need it

got to have it NOW

Personally, I don't know what a GA-45 sounds like. But it must be good if you're obsessing over it.

This week has reminded me of the fact that there are no guarantees in life. Any of us can be gone at any time. Of course, there was the tragedy in Kalamazoo. Our good friend and old neighbor has been with us all week clearing up her Grandfather's estate after he passed away last week. I stopped by a customer's office this morning to find them uncharacteristically closed, called his cell #, and found out that his sister, whom I had known for 20 years and treated as my own sister, had had a freak accident, falling in her bathroom and breaking her neck over her bathtub, killing her instantly. She was 44. My wife called me today, and told me that her Uncle, the family Patriarch, was having hospice called in tomorrow as he nears the end of his battle with cancer.

An amp seems to have very little to do with such unpleasant realities of life. That is exactly why I decided to finally get it; retail therapy, if you will, from the harsh realities of life. Shalllow?! Don't know. Don't care. At least it wasn't irresponsible, as I have decided to tape a minimum sale price somewhere on all of my amps so that Wifey will be able to get fair prices for the stuff once I'm gone. Periodic updates will, of course, be a good idea.

As I told Lyle a week or so ago, YOLO (You Only Live Once.) After picking it up, I brought it over to my buds at Monster, let them know they couldn't buy it (yet), and let Tommy have some fun with it. I figured you would all rather hear his demo than mine!

Wow. I'm sorry to hear about all the people that died.

Sometimes retail therapy is needed. It's just stuff. It can all be sold if necessary. My dad's death and the death of a friend two years ago reminded me of that. It's why I have stubbornly refused to sell my H-150 even though I mainly play my Strats. I need cash, but I need some luxuries too. And I'm still making the mortgage payments and buying my groceries, so pawn shopping (retail therapy) is okay as long as I don't go overboard and resell at a profit occasionally.

Congrats on the amp. My condolences on your losses.

I wish, Allen! He's got a unique way of mixing chicken pick in' with jazz stuff. His band, Ink Trail is just instrumental. I've seen him slay the Jazz Standard 'Round Midnight with a Tele. It rocked.

The Saturn almost didn't make it home. They thought I was bringing it in to sell, not just show it to them. I let them know they might get it one day, but I'm going to enjoy it for awhile. I was surprised how much clean headroom it had. Almost like a Fender Twin, but not as loud, obviously.

Glad to know you took it home, but sad to hear about all the recent tragic incidents. My daughter's boyfriend just lost his grandfather after a quick six month battle with Lou Gehrig's disease. He want for perfectly healthy to wheelchair bound almost overnight. So sad.

Archived