Heritage Owners Club

Great Customer Service

SemiHalo

I noticed my new H150 with the mini-humbuckers had some problems. When fretting on the third fret, strings were not clearing the fourth fret. My local luthier said the frets were not level and pointed out how the straight-edge rocked in spots. The nut was not good either. So, $256 for fret work, bone nut, and re-setup. Always a bummer for a new guitar.

I sent an email to Heritage - mostly just to let them know, not to complain or request reimbursement cuz it seems commonplace these days with internet purchases. To my surprise, they sent me a check for $256 and a T-shirt to boot. I was quite happy about that.

The only downside is the couple small dings the luthier put in the top. Ouch! Oh well, the next scratch or ding won't matter.

I wouldn't expect ANY guitar company to do that. A trip to the luthier is fundamental when purchasing a guitar.

You must have hit them in their sweet spot. Nice shootin' Tex.

Does it have something to do with new partnership? If quality of the builds and marketing and the premises increases, I hope this is evidence that service goes up with it. (Not that it was bad before)

I would think so. I have shaken the sacred saw dust out of my shoes a few times. That sounds good to me.

That said thank your "Lutheran" for not having the first ding on your conscience.

That is one of the first (and best) examples I've read about where Heritage backed up their new guitar warranty!

I'm sure they've made concessions in the past when customers or dealers complained, but reimbursing for your luthier's set up, etc. is very impressive.

Indeed.

A new guitar should have level frets and the builder or dealer should deliver that.

Especially for those made in the USA by smaller builders.

They ain't cheap.

Something from Indonesia or China - now there I would expect some problems.

Imagine buying a new car and it won't drive straight.

Heritage made it super easy to straighten it out - literally.

Indeed.

A new guitar should have level frets and the builder or dealer should deliver that.

Especially for those made in the USA by smaller builders.

They ain't cheap.

Something from Indonesia or China - now there I would expect some problems.

Imagine buying a new car and it won't drive straight.

Heritage made it super easy to straighten it out - literally.

Agreed. But that having been said, wood never dies, always moving and reacting to the things we ask it to do. Not uncommon for frets to lift out of the fingerboard enough to cause fretting out, especially in a new instrument. Heritage uses really nice lumber. I'm sure that 150 will settle in. And this is a terrific narrative in support of the marque and the new owners. Good post!

I've had guitars built in the 90s that were fine when I got them, fine 3 years later, but then got a high fret 2 years after that. Wood can always change.

Usually though, I would have talked to my dealer first, heritage second, and then my local guy. They did good on you though, and now you've got a great playing guitar.

I started with my local luthier cuz I can't bear to ship guitars. Too risky. If Heritage or the dealer had said they'd fix it, I would have thanked them but declined. I really had no expectation that Heritage would reimburse me.

now that is fantastic new to hear. Its a shame it happened, but its good to know it was resolved quickly.

I'm guessing it was a Jay Wolfe custom ordered. I can't help but think the climate change from Michigan to Florida might not favor a new guitar and cause the frets to loosen. The nut not being right is another thing.

I have never had frets lift (or sink) after days to years - and I have had a ton of guitars shipped from a different climate. I had not even considered that. I immediately thought of a build problem. I hope that was actually the case or I feel a bit guilty about a fresh fret job. I don't see the usual Heritage buyer abusing their goodwill.

Archived