Heritage Owners Club

H-555 incoming!

V23505

Well, Folks, what started out once upon a time as a custom-order mini-humbucker H150, morphed over time into a custom-order H-555 and after a wait, she has finally landed at DHL from Jay Wolfe (who has been great to deal with)!

I'll try put some pics up over the coming days but the basic specs are: Faded Cherry finish, Grovers, Tone Pros and Seymour Duncan Antiquities.

It'll be a nail-biting few days waiting for the truck to drop off the guitar but the excitement is a good thing.

Thanks for all the positive vibes, Folks! Delivery has been confirmed for Tuesday... and I am very tempted to take the day off work just to see it arrive! Really happy with how this turned out. I was originally going to go with a set of Throbaks (love Jon's work - have an SLE-101 in the neck of an R7 of mine and that MADE that guitar. Great vintage wiring kits too.) but decided to go with the Antiquities in the end after I tried a '335 with them (it sounded awesome). I'll provide a full tone report after delivery... if I can tear myself away from it! :-D

Wow. I've finally put it down after a good, long play and I am delighted with it!

The build quality on this is just excellent. I've had many fine axes pass through my hands from Collings, PRS, and the Gibbon Custom Shop and this is up there with the very best of them. The flame is beautifully subtle, the binding is great, the PLEK'd fretboard (I asked Jay to do it for me before shipping) is beautifully playable right up and down the neck and the sound... Antiquities and a semi-hollow are a really good match! Have only played it through my Hiwatt (Studio Stage Mk.II) combo so far but it's hard to think of a better amp for it... it... well... I'm in love :)

That vintage orange really gets it with that guitar.  I think I will call dibs. 

2 hours ago, V23505 said:

With more playing time on it now I am beginning to think this is one of those guitars that will have to be prised from my cold, dead hands one day! Just love the way this thing sounds and plays.

Time to plan your next build......

2 hours ago, V23505 said:

With more playing time on it now I am beginning to think this is one of those guitars that will have to be prised from my cold, dead hands one day! Just love the way this thing sounds and plays.

8 hours ago, Spectrum13 said:

Time to plan your next build......

I'll have to thin the herd a bit, Spectrum13! But... I have been thinking about a twist on the new H-155M: black, all mahogany, 2xF-holes, Bigsby, Throbak '55/'56 P90s, gold hardware... if I can bear to part with some of what I already have, and if they will build it, I'll order it.

5 hours ago, V23505 said:

I'll have to thin the herd a bit, Spectrum13! But... I have been thinking about a twist on the new H-155M: black, all mahogany, 2xF-holes, Bigsby, Throbak '55/'56 P90s, gold hardware... if I can bear to part with some of what I already have, and if they will build it, I'll order it.

Can't remember anyone building a P90 Millie so that would sharp, sweet and unique. They loaded a Throbak P90 in my black 147 and as Rich said above they are Fab.

Archived