Heritage Owners Club
Stavesk

Pre Purchase Information

Hey Guys,

I had to send you a question about a beautiful Heritage guitar I am about to purchase.

The guy says he bought it from 2007 and that it is a H-140 model but by the pictures it looks a bit different than a standard H-140, the bridge and the stop tail is different but those can be change, what interesting is the horn, it seems like the less pointy H-150 horn and not like the H-140, wondering what model could it be.

Please shed some light on this guitar, I absolutely love it!

I attached some photos of it. 

Thank you!

67e50e1d-435f-4919-8c9f-5098321347de.jpeg

ee7e26ca-124f-4ecb-85bb-89366bf24b4d.jpeg

Have the guy show a pic of the inside of the control cavity lid.  Should be a label there

Looks like a 150 to me. The 140s I know (mine included) have the pointy horn. Don't let the owner see the cavity. If it says it's a 150 buy it as a 140 as it should be cheaper.

Hmmm...Looks like an H150P (Poplar).  The control cavity label should help solve the mystery.

• Like 1

I second it being an H-150P. Check the label under the control cavity cover.

1 hour ago, Gitfiddler said:

Hmmm...Looks like an H150P (Poplar).  The control cavity label should help solve the mystery.

My first thoughts too!

The H-140 second generation is a rarely seen Heritage.  It has the shape of the H-150, but is not quite as thick and has dot inlays. 

There are a few old H-150 models that have the dot inlays also..  best to check the tag inside the control cavity . 

• Like 1

Bingo!

The 1st generation of the H140 had a sharp cutaway and an unbound rosewood fretboard with dot inlays.

The 2nd generation of the H140 had a 150 cutaway, but bound neck.  Still had dot inlays.

On both models, the body is thinner and the upper bout is slightly narrower.

I've had both models.

I'll try to dig up some pictures of both I've had.

Thank you so much everybody!

I think the DetroitBlues has the right answer, at least it seems like it is a 2nd generation H140.

As i remember by seeing the sticker inside the control cavity I didn't see any builder information or signature, about an exact model I don't recall seeing anything

Do notice the 1st Gen, I replaced the bridge and tailpiece with Tonepros.  It originally came with Schaller.

The 2nd generation has a lovely bound neck and stock Tonepros hardware....

Yes it definitely looks like a 2nd Generation H140.

Anybody knows what pickups are on this model?

The double screws on the bridge pickups suggests Schallers, however,  if you look closely, there is a black dot on the selector switch which would normally indicated HRWs, which are Rendal Wall's modifications of the standard Schaller pickup.    The obvious way to determine what they are is to pull them up and check the back.   HRWs will be labeled.  This shows both pickups.

gallery_139_80_19412.jpg

The neck pickup could still be the original, with a replacement mounting ring.   Schaller pickups actually have 3 adjustment screw holes per side, so you can go with single or double screws.

Neck pup does look replaced.  Without that special switch tip, I believe the bridge is a Schaller pickup.