Jump to content
Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Guitars Looking Strong


Recommended Posts

All these are ready for final setup.  Love seeing racks of guitar!

Can you spot your next one?

 

May be an image of guitar and indoor

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting how half those guitars say The Heritage on the headstock and the others just say Heritage. I thought all new models had ditched the The.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Doug said:

Interesting how half those guitars say The Heritage on the headstock and the others just say Heritage. I thought all new models had ditched the The.

Just the Custom Core models.

Link to post
Share on other sites

None of them resemble a 1954 LPC with staple P90, in black, multi-ply bound, with nickel hardware and a ToneSucker. Alas, no, I don't see my next one. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dick Seacup said:

None of them resemble a 1954 LPC with staple P90, in black, multi-ply bound, with nickel hardware and a ToneSucker. Alas, no, I don't see my next one. 

It's not exactly the guitar you had in mind, but close.  This guitar is shown with a happy lad, perhaps some sales clerk.

51067221281_771fb9bf71_c.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dick Seacup said:

None of them resemble a 1954 LPC with staple P90, in black, multi-ply bound, with nickel hardware and a ToneSucker. Alas, no, I don't see my next one. 

Wish I'd known, Dixie!  Got rid of a Gibsom Custom Shop Robbie Krieger about two months ago.  I replaced Krieger's neck mini-bucker with a Lollar staple, a la '54.  Eight pounds, four onces.  Used it a lot live in The Sedans' waning days, and on the last studio disc.  As good a guitar as I've owned!  Letting that one go definitively announced that the downsizing was on....  Here it is, on the right channel, solo's all neck p'up: 

 

Edited by yoslate
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dick Seacup said:

That's the other Black Beauty! Quite a beast, but I have a thing for the original. What is that amp? Love the jacket, btw; stylish!

The amp is a Selmer amp..  the shop was also called Selmer and they just asked him to take a photo with it.   Supposedly a good Selmer amp is a cross between a JTM45 and a Vox amp and has a nice overdrive.     

And , dig this, the jacket was from  Carnaby Street clothes from the first shop called John Stephen according to Jimmy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heritage has been doing really well.  Distribution is up, sales orders are up.  They are busy for sure.  Which is a good thing.  

Even the expensive Custom Core line is selling as people love what they are seeing.

I'm really happy for the factory and the future of Heritage.  I think we can see them around for the next generation or more guitarists looking for something special.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2021 at 3:34 PM, MartyGrass said:

It's not exactly the guitar you had in mind, but close.  This guitar is shown with a happy lad, perhaps some sales clerk.

51067221281_771fb9bf71_c.jpg

 

On 3/23/2021 at 3:34 PM, MartyGrass said:

It's not exactly the guitar you had in mind, but close.  This guitar is shown with a happy lad, perhaps some sales clerk.

51067221281_771fb9bf71_c.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep.

Despite this photo he used a Tele for the Led Zepplin first album.  I had always assumed it was a ballsy LP.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

For the recordings Page played a psychedelically painted Fender Telecaster – a gift from friend Jeff Beck after Page recommended him to join the Yardbirds in 1965, replacing Eric Clapton on lead guitar.  Page played the Telecaster through a Supro amplifier, and used a Gibbons J-200 for the album's acoustic tracks. For "Your Time Is Gonna Come" he used a Fender 10-string pedal steel guitar.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Page used a Harmony acoustic ( sovereign? ) on the 1st album? And some of the 2nd

 

Those croc skin Selmers are cool!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2021 at 6:23 PM, Dick Seacup said:

None of them resemble a 1954 LPC with staple P90, in black, multi-ply bound, with nickel hardware and a ToneSucker. Alas, no, I don't see my next one. 

When did they staple P-90's to the body? Wouldn't it make more sense to screw them on???? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2021 at 9:02 PM, yoslate said:

Wish I'd known, Dixie!  Got rid of a Gibsom Custom Shop Robbie Krieger about two months ago.  I replaced Krieger's neck mini-bucker with a Lollar staple, a la '54.  Eight pounds, four onces.  Used it a lot live in The Sedans' waning days, and on the last studio disc.  As good a guitar as I've owned!  Letting that one go definitively announced that the downsizing was on....  Here it is, on the right channel, solo's all neck p'up: 

 

I hope you are plugged into a Supro!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ElNumero said:

When did they staple P-90's to the body? Wouldn't it make more sense to screw them on???? 

Best way to keep the dog ears from flapping.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2021 at 1:24 PM, bolero said:

I thought Page used a Harmony acoustic ( sovereign? ) on the 1st album? And some of the 2nd

 

Those croc skin Selmers are cool!!

Jimmy borrowed the J-200 from Mickie Most for a few tunes, he really liked that guitar.  But the Sovereign was his .. the tunes were written on the Sovereign, it was used at the shows and it's big claim to fame is that it's the Stairway to Heaven guitar.  He used it on recordings on Zep III and Zep IV.   

The Les Paul Custom was Jimmy's guitar on a lot of his early session work and for live shows to some degree. It's the Whole Lotta Love guitar. 

Interesting, while the Telecaster was Jimmy's main electric on Zep I,  he did borrow another electric for one tune....   an original Flying V.   He said it was a real beast of a guitar and used it on You Shook Me .  It's fun to picture Jimmy rocking a Flying V when you listen to that tune.    It is a powerful guitar on that tune. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 3:26 PM, ElNumero said:

I hope you are plugged into a Supro!

Had one, but not for this.  Was playing through a custom build.  Dale, my amp guru, had used the vintage iron and some of the guts from a mid-fifties Bogen P.A. head to build a clone of a Fender 5E8a circuit, the low-power Tweed Twin.  That was into a 1x12 Dumble-type cabinet, with a Jensen Blackbird Jet.  Pedals were a TS808 and a Wampler Euphoria.  It was kinda turned up....  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 11:15 PM, yoslate said:

Had one, but not for this.  Was playing through a custom build.  Dale, my amp guru, had used the vintage iron and some of the guts from a mid-fifties Bogen P.A. head to build a clone of a Fender 5E8a circuit, the low-power Tweed Twin.  That was into a 1x12 Dumble-type cabinet, with a Jensen Blackbird Jet.  Pedals were a TS808 and a Wampler Euphoria.  It was kinda turned up....  

Cool Rob. Hey, I tried to message you on here and it said you cannot receive messages so I sent you an email!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...