Heritage Owners Club

What Other Gear Have You Dumped To Get A Heritage?

Gitfiddler

OK, I'll admit it. Sometimes the GAS for a particular Heritage is so great that something else has to be sold off to gather the needed funds. While that may be a better fiscal tactic than whipping out the trusty old credit card, it can lead to lost gear remorse. So far I've sold three guitars, one bass and one amp to help fund various Heritage guitars. Yes, I miss the other gear, but not enough to give up any Heritage purchase. They are definitely keepers!

What have you folks given up to get a Heritage? ;)

In the best move I have ever made I sold an Ed Roman Baker B-whatever to get a H150 Special. It didn't cover the cost, but got me close enough. This was shortly after Ed bought the name from Gene Baker and turned it into an Indonesian import. The Ed Roman version was not a bad guitar. I think at the time they compared pretty favorably to other Sammicks, which is exactly what it was. They were over priced however. I have no idea what they are like now. Anyway it was a fabulous upscale move. The H150 is a poplar body, 2 piece slightly flamey Maple neck, black hardware, emerald green and 25.5 scale with SD 59s.

dan

Guest HRB853370

I have two Gibson Les Paul Traditionals (great axes) but can't seem to get enough for them but I still keep buying more Heritages......anyways!

Once I decided Heritage's were for me, I sold my American Series Telecaster and American Series Stratocaster, my American Deluxe Strat (because, being honest with myself, I liked the tone and feel of my MIM Jimmie Vaughan Strat better!), an Epiphone Dot, Epiphone Sheraton II, and an Epiphone Les Paul Classic. With the proceeds, and a little bit of cash, I've since acquired my 3 used Heritages; Trans-Red 535, Chestnut H-155 Millenium w/ Seth Lovers, and H-525 w/Lollar p90s, along with a used Gibson faded Flying V. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Fenders, and will always have some, but I realized that the Heritages "work" for me, and while you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Fender, finding the right Heritage is a little more challenging, due to thier limited availability; but when you do.....Look out!! I don't have any regrets over anything I let go to get what I have now.

I sold a 1997 Fender Telecaster Deluxe Plus and a pair of Monitor Audio speakers with a Monitor Audio center channel speaker to be able to afford a H-555( Waiting for) and a H-575 which I have and am currently getting a set-up done on. The wait for the H-555 has been a long one, but I know it will be worth it. In the meantime, I will have the H-575 back soon, and I will be putting up pictures of it. I got the H-575 used, but it has Seth Lovers, and it is in really great condition.

Well....

'65 335

Cust Shop Tele

Handmade New Orleans Custom

PRS 245

PRS Single Cut

Taylor 810 Acoustic

'59 Gretch Double Anniv

'66 Fender Jaguar

Sold my PRS McRosie to fund the Millie NFH. Sold an Eric Johnson Strat to help fund the Prospect Custom. Thats about it. Altho', if I could find a Heritage Mandolin I'd be willin' to sell my first born. Well, if I had one, that is.

I got rid of my les paul junior special double cut with 2 x P90 pick ups to fund the H555, I sold for £780 and bought for £800. What I have now I use, so nothing to sell that will provide funds to buy a 150CM.

I haven't sold anything to buy a Heritage.

Skip a vacation... yeah.

Not buy a new car .... I've got the company car, why do I need a new one. The 20yr old Acura with 212000 is fine for buzzing around town.

Last guitar I sold was a 60's Jaguar. Used the $225 to buy a 100cc Kawasaki in 73.

Guest HRB853370
I got rid of my les paul junior special double cut with 2 x P90 pick ups to fund the H555, I sold for £780 and bought for £800. What I have now I use, so nothing to sell that will provide funds to buy a 150CM.

What about selling that sports car? Not sure what it is, but it looks pretty hot!

What about selling that sports car? Not sure what it is, but it looks pretty hot!

IT's an Italian Alpha Romeo, but alas it is only a picture I down loaded, several people have thought it is mine. But if it was, it would definitely not be for sale, because if I could afford the car I would also be able to afford a rack full of Heritage guitars - if you follow the theory.

Sold an all-black (my conversion) Rick 360, a Gibson Firebird and a Gibson Les Paul Classic to fund my H-535, an H-170CM and a Vox Night Train. Still got my Chet Atkins - she was 20 last Sunday B)

I really miss the LP and that's why I'm trying to trade/sell the H-516 for an H-150. I want to have all that LP look with the Heritage headstock ;)

post-901-1284726761_thumb.jpg

A couple years ago when I was buying guitars and

my better half wasn't on board with my aquisitions.

I'm in the heating & cooling business so we take in alot

of old equiment and I scrap out as much as I can, mostly

any copper that's there. I came up with the idea of using

that money for my GAS attacks.

My wife was OK with it and everybody is happy.

Especially me!

So I have dumped alot of scrap "gear" to get some real

good gear. Heritage rocks! B)

A couple years ago when I was buying guitars and

my better half wasn't on board with my aquisitions.

I'm in the heating & cooling business so we take in alot

of old equiment and I scrap out as much as I can, mostly

any copper that's there. I came up with the idea of using

that money for my GAS attacks.

My wife was OK with it and everybody is happy.

Especially me!

So I have dumped alot of scrap "gear" to get some real

good gear. Heritage rocks! :D

So when I get a new furnace I'm charged labor for removal of valuable material that is then sold by the remover to buy guitars? :D Dude, next time I tear it out myself, get new gear and then have you come in and hook stuff up! Then while you install my furnace I seranade you on my new Heritage!

So when I get a new furnace I'm charged labor for removal of valuable material that is then sold by the remover to buy guitars? :D Dude, next time I tear it out myself, get new gear and then have you come in and hook stuff up! Then while you install my furnace I seranade you on my new Heritage!

Serenade would be nice while I work.

Most people don't want to deal with it. Or they can't lift it.

Actually we stopped scrapping furnaces and concentrate on

anything with copper.

Dude, next time I tear it out myself, get new gear and then have you come in and hook stuff up!

There is a kid I grew up with who does this work. I also worked for his dad when I was a prototype builder.

I had him redo my crawlspace duct work. I wouldn't have been man enough to pull it off. Plus Robbie would have made the money back fixing what I had screwed up.

Maybe I could have done the gas hook up myself........ BOOM!!

I sold this old piece of shite to fund my firebird. Luckily I can still play it anytime I want.

img_4285_std.jpg

Archived