Heritage Owners Club

1988 H 170 Custom

brentrocks

I took a chance on another EBAY find...a 1988 H 170 custom order. I knew going into it that it had a minor headstock repair, but the original owner said that it was repaired at Heritage (eventhough he had no proof to back it up)it looked like a good repair, so i gave it a shot. The price was definately right.

The first sign that told me it was a custom order was the ebony fretboard, coupled with the bound/inlayed headstock and the chrome covered Schallers....this one was way off the beaten path for a stock H 170 from that era.

As i began to tear the guitar down for a string change and cleanng, i noticed that the neck had a monster bow...probably because it was set up for slide, because it was nowhere near playable any other way. 2 complete turns on the truss rod brought it back to a reasonable action.

The headstock repair apperars to be a minor repaired crack, not a clean break. Very well done, and apperars to be solid!

Steel wool on the fretboard and frets, some lemon oil, guitar polish and a new set of DiAdarrio 10s....it was ready to ROCK!!!!

I love the older Schaller pups...they are hotter, but still give you great clean tones!!! Good for ROCK!

IMG_6722.jpg

IMG_6717.jpg

IMG_6718.jpg

IMG_6724.jpg

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6731.jpg

IMG_6726.jpg

Some new decor for my guitar room....

IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6733.jpg

IMG_6735.jpg

Very nice snag, Brentley.

I notice you are a fan of the 'Sox R Us' non-reactive guitar stands too.

Here's mine......but it has the optional upper-level neckrest protective slip-on fabric as well......

non-reactiveguitarstand.jpg

Guest HRB853370

Here's mine......but it has the optional upper-level neckrest protective slip-on fabric as well......

The trick is to use your small children's worn out socks, they don't look sloppy by extending out from the stand like adult socks do!

Brent, yet another really cool, old school Heritage saved by you. A little sanding and refin on that neck wouldn't hurt. And it'd be like new. Nice color, too. A bit browner than we're seeing now on ASB?

by the way, was the last picture taken in New Orleans? :icon_biggrin:

that is my newly decorated guitar room with RED LED lights and new guitar lamp with Red bulb...so i can tun off the flouesent and eliminate the hummmm. :drunken_smilie:

Brent, yet another really cool, old school Heritage saved by you. A little sanding and refin on that neck wouldn't hurt. And it'd be like new. Nice color, too. A bit browner than we're seeing now on ASB?

i have thought about taking it to Pete for a refin on the back of the neck, since it is just natural (no stain) with a black stinger, it should be an easy fix..but it will prob cost near $100, so i dont know if i will do it right now?

by the way, was the last picture taken in New Orleans? :icon_biggrin:

More like Holland. Looks very ominous.

C'mon, Lyle. Fretrest 100E. Guaranteed non-reactive on Nitro finishes. Been using them for years. And, you get to wear your socks.

prod_FS100E_lrg.jpg

I've never used that. I'd worry that someone would knock the guitar off.

Nope. Never happens/happened. It's a lot more secure than you might imagine. And it's very portable. Another plus is that its all one piece. No chance of loosing parts.

Nice, Brent - has the original pointy cutaways. The neck repair shouldn't be a big deal if you can get it set up the way you want. Probably is a really nice slide guitar, tho - put an open E on it and crank a little Fillmore to jam out with.

You boys from K'Zoo look like you're in a race for the most Heritages. MartyG, you're down 3 now - gotta pick up the pace B)

btw - how do you get the pics aligned like for your signature?

Ultimate Support has it all figured out.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GS1000/

Nice, Brent - has the original pointy cutaways. The neck repair shouldn't be a big deal if you can get it set up the way you want. Probably is a really nice slide guitar, tho - put an open E on it and crank a little Fillmore to jam out with.

You boys from K'Zoo look like you're in a race for the most Heritages. MartyG, you're down 3 now - gotta pick up the pace B)

btw - how do you get the pics aligned like for your signature?

Thanks Randy!!!

i love the pointy cutaways too!!

what i do is make one pic in eack of my photobucket folders "tiny" and add them to my sig....did you notice i lined all mine up by build date??? :icon_thumright:

Thanks Randy!!!

i love the pointy cutaways too!!

what i do is make one pic in eack of my photobucket folders "tiny" and add them to my sig....did you notice i lined all mine up by build date??? :icon_thumright:

You photobucket Guys have all together. Looks great in your signature. I will need to acquire a few more Heritages before I need to learn to use Photobucket. Its a goal.

Archived