Heritage Owners Club

She's here, and she's outrageous!

donnie

H535 25th Ann. in Faded Cherry arrived last night from Wolfe. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that the vintage cherry isn't everyone's cup of tea-but it had been my vision for a while now. I just can't get enough of this thing into my eyeballs. Feels like around 7.5 pounds, just perfect for me. Heck, I have Tele's that weigh more than that. There's some scratchiness in the bridge position that I'm hoping will work itself out but I'll ask you guys about that in another post. But in the meantime and without further ado, here she is:

DSCN2182.jpg

and

DSCN2183.jpg

finally

DSCN2185.jpg

Thanks for posting pic's. Beautiful, and it looks just like the 535 25th I purchased from Wolfe a couple of months ago - twins. And, interesting my switch has the same issue in the bridge position. Any feedback you receive would really help me as well. I'm taking a week off work late April and I planned to go to the Heritage factory and have it looked at then. But, anything I can try now would be cool. I am so pleased with my 535 and am glad to hear that you are feeling the same way.

Guest HRB853370

H535 25th Ann. in Faded Cherry arrived last night from Wolfe. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that the vintage cherry isn't everyone's cup of tea-but it had been my vision for a while now. I just can't get enough of this thing into my eyeballs. Feels like around 7.5 pounds, just perfect for me. Heck, I have Tele's that weigh more than that. There's some scratchiness in the bridge position that I'm hoping will work itself out but I'll ask you guys about that in another post. But in the meantime and without further ado, here she is:

DSCN2182.jpg

and

DSCN2183.jpg

finally

DSCN2185.jpg

Holy Crap Donnie, that looks almost identical to the red 535 that is supposedly arriving to my doorstep today!! Friday is a good NGD isnt it? Only difference I see is the knobs, mine has the black speed knobs instead of those cool top hat knobs. Congratulations! Is it a 2010 model or 2011?

Very Sweet Axe...

It is usually hard to photograph the flames in a red finished guitar, but yours are coming through. It must be very nice in person.

Thanks everybody, and yes Fred I think it does jump at you a little more in person. It's supposed to be upgraded wood on the 25th Ann. H535's and although it is nice I don't think it reaches up to an Ultra top or anything. It's one of those tops where the flame seems to change with the lighting and viewing angle. I think it would have photographed better if I could have turned off the flash but my tripod is loaned out right now.

Whatever it is I like it a lot. A quick explanation about the color. Back in 1963 I went to a local music store with my best friend and his dad. His dad had promised him a new guitar since he had a promise of getting into a band if he had one. Like all kids then, he craved a Strat. But then the salesman trotted out the most beautiful brand new cherry red ES-335 imaginable, and we instantly forgot about the Strat. My buddy's dad put it on payments and eventually paid it off. My friend saved every single scrap of paperwork, hang tags, you name it. The guitar didn't get played much and subsequently lived in it's case under his bed until last year. It haunted me for 47 years and I hoped one day my buddy would sell it to me. But alas, he fell on hard times and had to sell it last year to George Gruhn for 27K-a little out of my price range! Anyway, between having had an H535 for a while 8-9 years ago and loving it, and the cosmetics on this one, well it was a natural.

Thanks for posting pic's. Beautiful, and it looks just like the 535 25th I purchased from Wolfe a couple of months ago - twins. And, interesting my switch has the same issue in the bridge position. Any feedback you receive would really help me as well. I'm taking a week off work late April and I planned to go to the Heritage factory and have it looked at then. But, anything I can try now would be cool. I am so pleased with my 535 and am glad to hear that you are feeling the same way.

Thanks Bulldog, and about the switch issue. I just got off the phone with Graham Zebedee at Wolfe guitars and I feel a lot better. He personally set this guitar up, polished the frets, etc. before it shipped and he said this switch crackling wasn't present at the time. However, he indicated that Heritage didn't always get all the sawdust off/out of the guitars before they ship and that any left behind will invariably find it's way into switches and pots. His suggestion was to continue manipulating pots and switches and it would diminish and ultimately go away. So far he's 100% correct; the vast majority of it has gone away.

BTW, I don't want to sound like a commercial, but what a rare treat to deal with Graham and Wolfe Guitars. These folks are very much customer service oriented in every respect. Their packing was top shelf (I'm a nutjob on proper packing of guitars and they appear to be too) and the shipping was very fast. One of those rare retail experiences that I really enjoy.

Anyway, I digress a bit. When I first plugged the guitar in I went into the high input of my Swart AST-big mistake, and it probably magnified what I was hearing. It likes the low input much better. And my Dr. Z Carmen Ghia? Oh good grief, don't get me started up!

Really fine, fine specimen, donnie! Congrats, and welcome to the fold. But of course you realize, having posted pictures, you have to put up with everyone's $.02! Mine: black top hats, man! That's a beauty for sure!

The pickups are Seth Lovers. Wolfe website says Duncan's "most vintage sounding Seth Lovers " but I'm not sure what if anything that means. Anniversary pkg. came with Tone Pros hardware, Sprague caps and CTS pots.

Guest HRB853370

Thanks everybody, and yes Fred I think it does jump at you a little more in person. It's supposed to be upgraded wood on the 25th Ann. H535's and although it is nice I don't think it reaches up to an Ultra top or anything. It's one of those tops where the flame seems to change with the lighting and viewing angle. I think it would have photographed better if I could have turned off the flash but my tripod is loaned out right now.

Whatever it is I like it a lot. A quick explanation about the color. Back in 1963 I went to a local music store with my best friend and his dad. His dad had promised him a new guitar since he had a promise of getting into a band if he had one. Like all kids then, he craved a Strat. But then the salesman trotted out the most beautiful brand new cherry red ES-335 imaginable, and we instantly forgot about the Strat. My buddy's dad put it on payments and eventually paid it off. My friend saved every single scrap of paperwork, hang tags, you name it. The guitar didn't get played much and subsequently lived in it's case under his bed until last year. It haunted me for 47 years and I hoped one day my buddy would sell it to me. But alas, he fell on hard times and had to sell it last year to George Gruhn for 27K-a little out of my price range! Anyway, between having had an H535 for a while 8-9 years ago and loving it, and the cosmetics on this one, well it was a natural.

Great story Donnie. But I would never speak to that "best friend" again, especially since he KNEW you wanted that guitar!!!

So what 535 did you have 8 or 9 years ago and what finish and what happened to it? Keep the story going...

Archived