Desert Island Choice: 150 v 535

kidsmoke

Desert Island Choice: 150 v 535  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you take into exile?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't play along with this farce.. If it's a desert island, it means there won't be any power for my amp, and it means having an electric guitar wouldn't work well.

Didn't you ever watch LOST? That island had everything!

OK, I give up, I'd take my lovely 535. I play my 150's most of the time, but the 535 will always be my favorite all around guitar.

You're the only one who MAY be granted an exemption, given that yours are a matched set. Arguably, they could be considered one guitar, like siamese twins separated, yet inseparable. I do appreciate knowing which you'd go with, should the appeal fail.

C'mon, look at all the crap the Professor on Gilligan's Island invented!! HMM, makes you wonder why he couldn't just fix the ship's radio and get rescued....My guess is he had something going on with Ginger, and that would end if they got rescued...

and then she found out the professor was doin Mary Ann....

shoot.jpg

I'd go for the 150, it would make a stronger paddle for my boat ;)

Also the 150 would make a better bludgeon to fight off the cannibels that may arrive. If a signal fire needed to be lit., a 150 would burn longer.

Also the 150 would make a better bludgeon to fight off the cannibels that may arrive. If a signal fire needed to be lit., a 150 would burn longer.

Plus the 150 would be better to work out with to get a nice beach body. To impress the ladies when help shows up...

Nah, you need a Tele to fight off the cannibals; Just ask Keef.....

Ha .. cool Stones clip there. We already knew that Keif is badass. B)

And the Gilligans Island thing took a twist. :huh:

But .. back to the island.

How LOUD can you play on a deserted island ? As loud as you'd like.

.. that makes this a job for a 150.. CRANK IT UP :P:P

Way too much what if's... Humidity, electricty, sand, etc... If none of those were an issue, give me a H-150 with two full Marshall DSL stacks and full volume. I'll either get the attention of the rest of the world to rescue me or cause another Tsunami! Ether way, I'm sure I'll make a splash! Can you say, "Watchtower!"

A 535; It's a Desert Island, dude, NO ELECTRICITY! Gotta have a semi-hollow. Plus 150 types are ass-end heavy, and don't balance on my knee well when seated. Little nick-pick, I know. I really do prefer my 535 to my LP, though, sonically as well as feel/visual appeal.

Got to be a 535. With and without electricity, its more versatile. Strings last longer, sunshine is brighter and so. Really though, the 535 can be played with/without an amp. You may not have electricity, an amp or anything else but a guitar. Even then, the 535 weighs less to carry around and I believe will do more than a 150. Both are great guitars, but in the given scenario, a 535. I can't believe you even had to ask.

it's cool that the island has electricity.... I thought that I'd have to go acoustic.

It's a tough choice.. I don't own a 535, but I like semi hollows and appreciate their tone.

I generally like the smaller body on the solidbody guitars for comfort... so I'll take a 150.

IM000758edit.JPG

Fred my Brother, whats up with you not having a 535? I thought you had it all. I've been thinking all this time, "when I grow up. I want to be just like Fred" cause he has it all. You may want to consider a 535, just in case you're ever stranded on an island w/no electricity. I want the best for, to be complete, to be One with the Heritage.

Fred my Brother, whats up with you not having a 535? I thought you had it all. I've been thinking all this time, "when I grow up. I want to be just like Fred" cause he has it all. You may want to consider a 535, just in case you're ever stranded on an island w/no electricity. I want the best for, to be complete, to be One with the Heritage.

I know... I am incomplete with the Heritage semi. I'm not sure that I wouldn't prefer a Prospect though. I've got an Epi semi hollow and it is a bit larger than I'm used to.

Plus 150 types are ass-end heavy,

My 150's are pretty light.. around 8 lbs.. this is not an issue for me.

I'm not sure that I wouldn't prefer a Prospect though.

Join the club! :icon_thumright:

I think for the desert island scenario the Prospect would have to win. It's lighter & more more comfortable than the 535 (although not by much to me, but definitely to some), sounds great plugged in, the standard floating-block should be a bit louder/boomier acoustically than the full floating block models which makes it a bit more versatile, and it looks a little sleeker & sexier than the 535 (arguably, the 535 looks a bit fuller, more vintage, and substantial). The differences between them to me were VERY slight, and in reality either would be great. But on the desert island, where I'm not exactly trusting electricity (much less a fully functional amp) to be there, nor the inclination of wild animals and cannibals to try and eat me, that slightly smaller size, weight, and durability (except as a weapon, that's where the H-150 folk win out) make it much better suited to this hypothetical scenario.

I'd go for the 150, it would make a stronger paddle for my boat ;)

LOL..Good One!!

I can't play along with this farce.. If it's a desert island, it means there won't be any power for my amp, and it means having an electric guitar wouldn't work well. Now... from one perspective that would probably be a good thing for my fellow castaways, but I'd have to vote for an acoustic on this desert island.

I know.. I know.. I'm no fun.. just ask my kids! But why ask a question that just defies the laws of physics.. Might as well ask, who/where I'd go visit if I had a time machine?

But I guess.. if somehow the lack of power issue magically went away, and I had my superconducting salt water powered amplifier with me and it was between a 150 and a 535, I'd choose the 535 for versatilities sake. Then again, if I was open to anything, I'd probably bring the milli-DC over the 535, since it's more comfortable for me to hold/play.

Power issue? What power issue? Didn't you see those 6 cases of AA batteries wash up on shore?

7100_lg.jpg

Power issue? What power issue? Didn't you see those 6 cases of AA batteries wash up on shore?

7100_lg.jpg

I like the way you think..but see this is exactly what I mean.. If we don't have to actually deal with reality.. then what the $%^$# am I doing on a desert island in the first place? I'd be sitting in my personal studio in my million dollar mansion. My buddy Ry Cooder would be on his way over to jam, and what I would NOT be thinking about would be whether it would be only a 535 or 150!

Aside from helping the Roto-Rooter guy figure out how to unstop my bathtub this morning, this is about the toughest thing I've had to do all week! I have now cast my vote...and I'll never reveal which way I went (John).... Hahahahahahahaha!

Aside from helping the Roto-Rooter guy figure out how to unstop my bathtub this morning, this is about the toughest thing I've had to do all week! I have now cast my vote...and I'll never reveal which way I went (John).... Hahahahahahahaha!

Referencing back to my PM to you . . . . you're still hesitant to admit that you would take your newly acquired H535 to this desert Island. (Isn't "desert Island" oxymoronic???) Trust me Rob . . . . she will forgive you . . she understands.

Archived