Heritage Owners Club

What Does Heritage Do BEST?

Gitfiddler

OK, every guitar maker has their nitch product. It is the one that they are known for and really do well.

If we were to view all of the current products made by the folks on Parsons Street, which one stands out more than the others?

Your opinions are like...Oh wait, that's another thread! Sorry! :rolleyes_mini:

Your thoughts and opinions are welcome. :icon_thumleft:

I've heard it said that an almond sunburst H 535 is what they're known for; kind of a signature guitar, but I might also add the H 150. But, oh, wait, how about all those great jazz boxes.

OK, every guitar maker has their nitch product. It is the one that they are known for and really do well.

If we were to view all of the current products made by the folks on Parsons Street, which one stands out more than the others?

I'll bet if you asked the senior builders, they'd say their jazz boxes are their favorites to build. My vote is for the Eagles of all iterations, from basic to totally tricked out.

dan

I have my personal favorite, however overall I would say it is a toss-up between two models or at least styles. It would either be the H-535 or the Golden Eagle (with notable mention to the similar Archtops or related models/variants). While the H-150 is really a Les Paul model with a different headstock, slightly less-angular lower horn, and the name "Heritage" on the headstock, in the hearts and mind of the JQP, the Les Paul style can only be a "true" Les Paul if it has, y'know, those other guys' name on it. Which is fine. Unlike the Strat or Tele, whose trademarks have been sold to all sorts of companies, Big Brothe . . . uh, Big G has held on tight to the design and a finger on the speed dial button to their lawyers to sue anybody who makes anything even resembling their models at record speed.

The H-535 and their Archtops are somewhat less iconically linked to Gibson, or just somewhat less common. Regardless, those have sort of entered into the public's conscious or are somehow seen as o.k. for other companies to make (maybe since they were both in-essence pre-G in concept a/o style?). Anyway, point being, most seem to be more willing to acknowledge just how good Heritage's H-535 (and to a lesser degree, H-555), Golden Eagle, and other semi-hollow and hollow bodied guitars really are. Heritage has also done quite a bit as far as variants of those styles. The Prospect is wholly original and in fact the Prospect and its Blues Deluxe variant pre-date the CS-356/ES-339, so if you want to break it down you could I believe factually say "Heritage did it first."

Anyway, I think they do an equal quality job with the H-150 vs. Les Paul as they do with the H-535/Prospect vs. ES-335 or Golden Eagle vs. L5 (I think I've got those comparisons right). However, since people correlate the LP style entirely with Gibson, their semi- and fully-hollow bodied guitars really seem to be where they are more recognized as well as a bit more unique compared to other (most if not all) builders. Granted, maybe Benedetto or Sadowsky have all done exactly the same styles first or something like that, but that is a fairly unique range they cover at least from what I've seen and of what I am aware.

What do they do best???

They give us a reason to talk to each other :tongue3:

No matter which guitar you feel is their flag ship their finishes are what set them above the others. You don't have to pick the guitar up to see that.

"They build a quality instrument (various types) the old fashioned way at a reasonable price point. Kind of like old but new mojo if that makes sense to anyone but me."

The above statement sums up what Heritage does best, since they make a variety of high quality hollow-bodied, semi-hollow-bodied, chambered, and solid-body guitars, in a variety of finishes, hardware, pickups, and so on. Heritage guitars don't fill a niche, as all their models are classic designs that can be played in a variety of musical styles. One particular model does not represent the company, as they do a quality job with each guitar that leaves the factory, and that is what they do best, in my opinion.

Guest HRB853370

I am going to respond without reading anybody else's responses. It will be interesting to see if my reply parallels anyone elses. First of all, I am not sure I really understand the question. When you say which one stands out, that is subjective to: are you talking about finishes, styles, body contours, solid body versus semi versus hollow? What criteria are we to use to be able to objectively say which product stands out? So, I am going to say the product that they deliver that stands out more than anything else is their uncompromised attention to quality and service. That in itself is a product that most manufacturers today do not do well at. As far as which model just flat out stands out more than the others, there is no model that does such IMO. They are all beautiful works of art in their own right. You might think a Golden Eagle stands out more than anything else, because you own one or two and you cherish them. Although they are beautiful, I dont find myself craving one just yet. So my answer might be my VWB H 150 which (IMO) stands out better than any other Heritage I have. Sorry for the ramblin reply, just thinking out loud as I type! Now let me read the other's replies.

Archived