Heritage Owners Club

New, old, finished, guitar day

big bob

Thanks to all the folks who helped with advice. I finally got the wiring finish and the guitar set up. I was amazed how quickly the set up went. I will probably be adjusting the pickup height and bridge for awhile. I have really only plugged her in long enough to make sure it all works, and it does. I have it set up so each pup is on it's own push pull for on or off. A master tone. the three way toggle acts as a coil tap for the bridge and a kill switch. First impressions, the p-90 in the middle is super fat. The genuine texas hum in the neck is bright, and the bridge (crunch box) is loud. I'm going to take her to band practice tonight so I'll have a better report later.

005-3.jpg

008-4.jpg

007-4.jpg

Good job. Turn it up...

How did you ever sort that spaghetti in the cavity? That looks like it's going to sound extraordinary! Lookin' good! Have at thee!

That looks F'n awesome!!!

Now you just need a very cleverly placed sticker over that other bridge post hole :man_in_love_mini:

(joking of course)

Oh that and new knobs are coming.. I really don't like the blue and amber thing.

wow, really nice job, that looks killer!!

I would put the studs back in the holes & screw in a shorter stainless bolt flush to the top of the gtr, to keep the grunge out & maybe make it look better

just my taste though! a rubber grommet would accomplish the same thing, heh

Band practice was lots of fun. The guitar worked great. I tended to hang out either on the neck (rio grande genuine texas humbucker) or the mid (rio grande p-90 fat bastard). they really sound good on their own. the bridge coil split and the p-90 are a great combo as well. I was playing on the crunchy side so I will need to plug in the sound city and see how they sound clean.

overall the guitar really played nice. I did run into one problem. the G and the b strings both hoped off the bridge saddles at some point. not hard to put them back, but curious.

this is one heck of a player.

I think you should put one of those baby doll eyes in that hole. When you turn the guitar up to play lead the eye will close.

Super-Cool, Lance. Very nice that you resurrected that 140 into something completely different! I vote Black Speed knobs, and either blue stained rubber stoppers for the stop-tail holes, or, do the RIGHT thing, and revert that Bad Boy BACK to a stop-tail; Oh wait, that's what "I" would do, and you don't/shouldn't give a damn about that! haha.

That looks F'n awesome!!!

Now you just need a very cleverly placed sticker over that other bridge post hole :man_in_love_mini:

(joking of course)

It needs a 'Custom Built' plate like Gibson used to do to cover those empty holes !

Peter Alton Green

Archived