Heritage Owners Club

Saturday Swap

brentrocks

The CTS pots and PIO .022 caps that i ordered came in the mail today, so i decided to give the 2002 H 150 a HRW overhaul...

IMG_8208.jpg

I remember when the only thing you would swap out was strings.. Now look at you, a regular Mr. DIY..

Fern... I think our little boy has grown up!

Does your guitar addiction drive your wife batty? Just curious.

Sure does...you can talk to her about it on the 5th...she will roll her eyes, and say oh yeah he has issues...lol

Where's the whiskey?

I don't drink the hard stuff when a soldering iron is involved...I would hate to put a burn mark on that beauty. Or burn down the house....

I don't drink the hard stuff when a soldering iron is involved...I would hate to put a burn mark on that beauty. Or burn down the house....

I retired my soldering iron after about the second time I did a relatively easy move to put the bridge pickup on a strat onto the second tone knob.... burned the crap out of my fat fingers both times! Lesson learned, for me at least, is a good tech is worth his weight in gold!!

More likely to burn your pecker. Every soldering iron should come with an Aloe Vera plant. I made my living for 14 years as an electronic tech and I never stopped burning my fingers. Things happen. I have been seen dancing with an iron sliding off my lap and down my leg.

So how's it sound now - what pickups did you swap out for the HRWs?

it sounds fabulous!!!

i took out the orig schallers and installed HRWs....i didnt clarify that very well :biggrin_mini:

Love the amber finish! My H-140 should look like that when I pick it up on Friday.

Friday ??!!!! It's done.. that is great.

And yes Brent, that one looks fantastic.. how nice to have some HRW's for it.

A very appealing combination .. Pickups/guitar..

The clip sounds nice and well defined, as we'd expect HRWs to be.

More likely to burn your pecker. Every soldering iron should come with an Aloe Vera plant. I made my living for 14 years as an electronic tech and I never stopped burning my fingers. Things happen. I have been seen dancing with an iron sliding off my lap and down my leg.

Ain't that the truth!

I've burned a finger or two... or three, or four... sad thing is I can usually see a finger burn coming from a mile away too. I get on a roll and then leave myself with an awkward spot or two to solder, then do something really stupid like hold a part I know is going to get really hot, or hold it close enough to the iron that any slight jar (i.e. sneeze, cough, etc...), and, well, I think you know how that story ends :tongue3:

Once had my dog knock over a hot soldering iron that took a nose dive right for my foot; burned straight through my sock and actually stuck right to my foot... that smarted a bit, still got a nice little beauty mark from that one too :violent5:

Once had my dog knock over a hot soldering iron that took a nose dive right for my foot; burned straight through my sock and actually stuck right to my foot... that smarted a bit, still got a nice little beauty mark from that one too :violent5:

Like a flaming lawn dart.

Archived