Heritage Owners Club

NAD!

yoslate

Well, thanks to Kenny's generosity (or sly deviousness), I'm now the proud owner of his Weber 5E3 build! http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/14267-fs-5e3-deluxe-handwired/ I know Kenny, and I know all of his pieces are top-notch. This had to be a good 'un! I was looking for something in the tweed family, something with a little crunch to it. I'm there, in spades! Kenny shipped the amp to me, on approval. Ain't the HOC a wonderful place?! As the pics will attest, it's a very neat (anal) build, with an interesting vintage speaker. I'd listened to, I think, all of the 5E3 clones on youtube...and heard everything...all of the good, the bad, and the ugly. But this little box has an authentic tweed Deluxe voice, with the added bonus of more headroom because of an updated Deluxe tranny, as Kenny tells me. I asked him if it was giggable. I've already played it out three times, and it certainly passes muster. I'm using it with the 1x12 extension cab I had built for my blackface Princeton re-issue, which has an Eminence "Screamin' Eagle" in it. Volume at 4 or 5 is more than enough to get it done with the band. Lovely, ever-so-slightly textured cleans, and with just a bit of TS-808 0r Full-Tone Full Drive, awesome Keith single coil rhythms or, with humbuckers, gritty, growling, yet still articulate solo stuff. A keeper, for sure! Sorry to disappoint tsp17 and Katy!

Yoslate,

Congratulations!!! I've wondered where that amp went - it's okay that you've got it, I think I want more of a high gain amp, anyway. I'm happy for you and it sounds perfectly lovely!

I totally agree with DB, it's great to buy from HOC members. I was just thinking, the other day, that we have a sort of sweet marketplace here.

A friend with (t)weed is a friend indeed! That speaker is a Magnavox, like a Jensen p12n but a better build. Nice gut shot and congratulations!

That it is. P232. Steve Nelson, the amp builder, turned me on to those. Awesome speakers.

Guest HRB853370

Well, thanks to Kenny's generosity (or sly deviousness), I'm now the proud owner of his Weber 5E3 build! http://www.heritageo...luxe-handwired/ I know Kenny, and I know all of his pieces are top-notch. This had to be a good 'un! I was looking for something in the tweed family, something with a little crunch to it. I'm there, in spades! Kenny shipped the amp to me, on approval. Ain't the HOC a wonderful place?! As the pics will attest, it's a very neat (anal) build, with an interesting vintage speaker. I'd listened to, I think, all of the 5E3 clones on youtube...and heard everything...all of the good, the bad, and the ugly. But this little box has an authentic tweed Deluxe voice, with the added bonus of more headroom because of an updated Deluxe tranny, as Kenny tells me. I asked him if it was giggable. I've already played it out three times, and it certainly passes muster. I'm using it with the 1x12 extension cab I had built for my blackface Princeton re-issue, which has an Eminence "Screamin' Eagle" in it. Volume at 4 or 5 is more than enough to get it done with the band. Lovely, ever-so-slightly textured cleans, and with just a bit of TS-808 0r Full-Tone Full Drive, awesome Keith single coil rhythms or, with humbuckers, gritty, growling, yet still articulate solo stuff. A keeper, for sure! Sorry to disappoint tsp17 and Katy!

Who is "Kenny"? Amp builder like KBP810?

Guest HRB853370

Who is "Kenny"? Amp builder like KBP810?

Ahh, never mind, clicked the link and answered my own question. Looks like an Epson to me. Didn't they used to build computers and printers too?

Well, thanks to Kenny's generosity (or sly deviousness), I'm now the proud owner of his Weber 5E3 build! http://www.heritageo...luxe-handwired/ I know Kenny, and I know all of his pieces are top-notch. This had to be a good 'un! I was looking for something in the tweed family, something with a little crunch to it. I'm there, in spades! Kenny shipped the amp to me, on approval. Ain't the HOC a wonderful place?! As the pics will attest, it's a very neat (anal) build, with an interesting vintage speaker. I'd listened to, I think, all of the 5E3 clones on youtube...and heard everything...all of the good, the bad, and the ugly. But this little box has an authentic tweed Deluxe voice, with the added bonus of more headroom because of an updated Deluxe tranny, as Kenny tells me. I asked him if it was giggable. I've already played it out three times, and it certainly passes muster. I'm using it with the 1x12 extension cab I had built for my blackface Princeton re-issue, which has an Eminence "Screamin' Eagle" in it. Volume at 4 or 5 is more than enough to get it done with the band. Lovely, ever-so-slightly textured cleans, and with just a bit of TS-808 0r Full-Tone Full Drive, awesome Keith single coil rhythms or, with humbuckers, gritty, growling, yet still articulate solo stuff. A keeper, for sure! Sorry to disappoint tsp17 and Katy!

Nice Job!! Congrats!! Someday... :icon_joker:

Ahh, never mind, clicked the link and answered my own question. Looks like an Epson to me. Didn't they used to build computers and printers too?

You're close... he has upon occasion used a computer and a printer!

Actually, he's an extraordinary talent who continues to entertain the fine folks of Peculiar Missouri with his "pickin and grinnin" on a certain white guitar known in those parts as a "Heritage".

3643235.jpg?1

http://tracyallisonb.../fr_theband.cfm

EMPSON. Not quite the same. Then again, it's just a badge on 'slates amp. :laughing7:

Archived