Heritage Owners Club

Played a really nice 150...Look what followed me home!

Gitfiddler

Stopped in an out of the way music shop down the coast in Santa Cruz today. They only had one Heritage guitar left, a very nice new H150 Vintage Burst. SWEET!! Man, this thing had huge tones in all settings. It was nice to play, but at the end of the day, I knew it had to go back on the shelf. No way was I going to buy another guitar today!!

Hopefully someone will take her home.

1705_img1.jpg

I played that 150 for about an hour through an incredible amp.

The amp has been in their shop for about 3 years, had all of the case candy.

They let me have my way with this little tone monster.

It had pristine cleans, and sweet breakup at about 10 o'clock.

Mmmmman, it had it all going on.

45 watts, point to point, 2 Jenson C12N's, incredible Reverb.

Oh yea, it was designed by Paul Cochrane and built by hand in Tennessee...by Heritage Amplification!!

It came home with me as an early Christmas present...to me. :icon_santa:

928_img1.jpg

What better instrument to play your instrument through than a Heritage! You must be a pirate because you really know how to treasure hunt!

Yes, that was at Sylvan. I cannot understand why it was there all this time. It is a tweed lover's ideal amp.

AND they still have a n.o.s. Britton II head & matching cab in their amp room!!

another xlnt amp. love mine. recall how much they're asking for the Brit rig?

right now i'm playing my Victory head into the Brit cab. man alive...

One of these days I'll learn how to make clips. Sorry, can't at this time. I'm clip impaired. :icon_shaking:

The Britton II was on sale for under $1,900 for the head and cab. I bet you could get them down a bit if interested. Like the Liberty, it's been there for a long time.

I was able to A/B the Patriot 2x12 Celestion to the Liberty 2x12 Jensen last night and whoa that was a fun ride! Both are 45 watts, 6L6.

The Patriot was like a race horse wanting to run. It wanted to be turned up...loud! The sweet spot is at about 12 o'clock...much too loud for home, but ideal for most any club. It was a bit fuller in a good way to the Liberty, due mostly to those powerful Celestion G12H Anniversary speakers. Both have amazing high end chime available. Bright/Presence/Treble attenuation handles that perfectly no matter what guitar is being played. The low end thump is great in both amps.

The Liberty is like a Fender tweed amp on steroids! Plus it has a two Volume pots (standard/bright) side by side that are internally jumpered, so they can be used independantly or together. It's basically a two channel amp with a single input. Very cool! And the Reverb has 3 controls to dial in the perfect amount of wetness and tone to the mix. Amazing. I've never owned an amp like this and can't wait to play out with it.

Both are super high quality assembly, dove-tail jointed cabinets, use the finest components and best of all, are sweet tone machines.

Bottom line...If you ever find one of these or ANY of the Heritage amps, get it! You will not be disappointed. You get the Gitfiddler Guarantee on that. :icon_salut:

The Liberty is like a Fender tweed amp on steroids! Plus it has a two Volume pots (standard/bright) side by side that are internally jumpered, so they can be used independantly or together. It's basically a two channel amp with a single input. Very cool! And the Reverb has 3 controls to dial in the perfect amount of wetness and tone to the mix. Amazing. I've never owned an amp like this and can't wait to play out with it.

if i'm not mistaken (hey, it happens ;) ) the Liberty is much like the Colonial with the following diffs:

• speaker outs (Colonial is 4-8-16)
  • Liberty has most xlnt 3-knob reverb (no 'verb on Colonial)
  • Colonial has the fancy patented power supply (SS or tube, selectable)

so, w/that MOOD knob you can get '59 Bassman or early JTM45 (Bluesbreaker) in either extreme setting, or nifty variations in between (i tend to use 1 o'clock). swap in 5881s for the 6L6's for a little less output, a little earlier breakup

RJ~ I don't own a Britton or Colonial, but you are correct about the Reverb. I never knew I needed a 3 knob Reverb...until now! Ha, ha!

From reading your old user manual, it looks like they (Patriot, Liberty, Colonial, Britton) each have the 4-8-16 ohm speaker outs.

I thought for sure you'd take a drive down to check out the Britton II before it disappeared last week. Still a mystery who gots it. :icon_scratch:

I have a Britton II but not the one from Cali. Fun amp but I'm still looking into the options between their other amps. It appears you got a Duesey GuitFiddler

Golly, there used to be some guy on this board that made them; can't recall who it was. Something like GTO Cables or something.

I've been looking for a Colonial but would certainly prefer the reverb in the Liberty. I often trend toward the Bassman but commonly hook the KBP810 reverb to it.

Play her in good health!

Archived