Heritage Owners Club

Tommy Emmanuel at Parsons St.

FredZepp

Tommy mentioned going to the Parson St factory when he was in Elizabethtown. He had the Kalamazoo with him.

He's coming back to Etown Ky for Tommyfest again the first of Feb for 4 days. Its something like the 11th or 12th year in a row. Its a "can't miss" show.

Thanks for the link to a great article.

Great story Fred. Is the OP a member here? One of the pics looks like a familiar avatar.

Tommy sounds like a great guy, very refreshing. I need to see him one day. Funny about Frank V "I play a little".

Guest HRB853370

That guy lives in Kzoo and he doesnt play Heritage? Blasphemy! Great threads thanks for sharing. How cool is it that Ren has had so much artist contact through his illustrious career!

Guest HRB853370

Speaking of Tommy, he is returning to Atlanta again in late Feb for two consecutive evenings, and as usual, I am going to miss him again because of our scheduled vacation in Florida.

Am I the only one that this happens to? Seems to happen all the time to me!!

That guy lives in Kzoo and he doesnt play Heritage? Blasphemy! Great threads thanks for sharing. How cool is it that Ren has had so much artist contact through his illustrious career!

au contraire, mon ami! I DO have 3 Heritages: 555, 150 Special, and an Eagle. But I have to confess 3 things:

1. I'm not a very good player, so I don't speak up much

2. I have to admit that I love teles.

3. I intentionally don't come here too often for fear that overwhelming GAS might bankrupt me. The for sale section is alluring. Some of you guys are like drug dealers, serving up the good stuff with reckless abandon. I've sent out a few low ball offers, but I've managed to not actually buy anything yet.

As far as the Tommy story, I wasn't really posting here when he came to town, so I never thought to tell the story here. I've been a member for a few years, but like I said, I try to not get too involved for financial reasons. Also I didn't want to come acreoss as bragging since a lot of you guys know the Heritage Guys (and Gal) so much better than I do.

Warmest regards to all, and thanks to FredZepp for digging up the TDPRI story.

dan

Guest HRB853370

au contraire, mon ami! I DO have 3 Heritages: 555, 150 Special, and an Eagle. But I have to confess 3 things:

3. I intentionally don't come here too often for fear that overwhelming GAS might bankrupt me. The for sale section is alluring. Some of you guys are like drug dealers, serving up the good stuff with reckless abandon. I've sent out a few low ball offers, but I've managed to not actually buy anything yet.

As far as the Tommy story, I wasn't really posting here when he came to town, so I never thought to tell the story here. I've been a member for a few years, but like I said, I try to not get too involved for financial reasons. Also I didn't want to come acreoss as bragging since a lot of you guys know the Heritage Guys (and Gal) so much better than I do.

dan

Hey Dan, thanks for popping in, I appreciate that. Glad you are a member of the Heritage family and thanks a bunch for posting the Emmanual thread.

dan

Don't worry about particpating on the forum. I have less Heritages than you and can't afford the GAS pains that hit me every now and then. But it is what it is... Thanks for sharing that story. I must confess though, I don't know any of the those guys except for Les Paul and Ren....

Dan, that was a GREAT thread! You had an amazing adventure with Tommy Emmanuel and Ren.

As stated by others, don't be a stranger here at the HOC. And don't fear the GAS-inducing 'drug dealers' around here. :icon_pirat:

You have something to say, and I for one, am all ears.

Tim

Ren picked one up and began picking out a tune he had composed called "Prodigal Son." Tommy quickly joined in and I was captivated as he laid down incredibly intricate harmony on a tune he had never heard before. He just knew where it was going and how it would get there. On a day of hearing incredible things, that may have been the most awesome of all to me.

^^ I loved imagining being there for this ... a magical moment with Ren and Tommy.

Thanks for the comments, Dan. And don't hesitate to join in here at the HOC.

TommyEmmanuel3.jpg

What a thrill ! Tommy sounds like a really nice fellow in addition to being maybe the best player on earth at the moment. Nice words for Frank Vignola as well. I have 4 tickets to see Frank at the end of February in Waltham, MA and I can't wait.

Horace

^^ I loved imagining being there for this ... a magical moment with Ren and Tommy.

It gave me goose bumps. It was the most amazing thing I saw Tommy do. Ren and I were both just blown away talking about that on the drive back to Heritage

What a thrill ! Tommy sounds like a really nice fellow in addition to being maybe the best player on earth at the moment. Nice words for Frank Vignola as well. I have 4 tickets to see Frank at the end of February in Waltham, MA and I can't wait.

Horace

I am now a HUGE Frank Vignola fan. I'm watching his tour schedule to see if he's swinging by SW MI.

dan

I saw Tommy in Ann Arbor in 2010. He made mention about the Kalamazoo guitar that a good friend had bequithed to him. Tommy said he was headed to Heritage the next day for repairs on his newest (oldest) instrument.

Great player; makes me want to burn mine...

Archived