Heritage Owners Club

I'm back - new Heritage coming soon!

Bonefish

I sold my H150 a few weeks ago after a 15 year marriage. She was quite lovely, but I just felt it was time for something new. I tried PRS, I tried Music Man, even tried Variax and some brand whose name starts with a G. Anyhow nothing felt right. Today, I pulled the trigger on something new and it just feels right.

A beautiful 1996 h157 CM is headed my way. Should arrive by Tuesday and I can hardly wait. Very excited and glad to be back in the club!post-2189-13403237626801_thumb.jpg

Guest HRB853370

You tried the rest and came back to the best! A happy ending to the story! Congrats. Ebay transaction?

Still need to get together for lunch John. Next week maybe towards the end.

Yeah, I'm pretty overwhelmingly excited. Can't wait for it to arrive. Going to be a long few days! Time to go verify exactly what I have coming (pick-ups, year, etc)

Oh, got it via eBay. I was the high bidder, but didn't make their reserve price. Called seller and was able to work something out for only a few dollars more.

Yeah, I'm pretty overwhelmingly excited. Can't wait for it to arrive. Going to be a long few days! Time to go verify exactly what I have coming (pick-ups, year, etc)

Oh, got it via eBay. I was the high bidder, but didn't make their reserve price. Called seller and was able to work something out for only a few dollars more.

At least you upgraded. I think you're going to love it!

Any differences I should notice in the 157 from the 150? Specifically:

1. I'm guessing the pickup will sound the same and that the covering won't impact the sound. Thoughts?
  2. What about the ebony fretboard?
  3. I noticed the body is carved maple, but not curly maple. Does that make a difference?
  4. What is a Multi-ply white bound top? I get the white bound part, but not the mutli-ply

Thanks for your help and helping me through the next few days of waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and checking for a tracking number and waiting and waiting and checking for an update from the tracking number and waiting and ....

1. I'm guessing the pickup will sound the same and that the covering won't impact the sound. Thoughts?
  3. I noticed the body is carved maple, but not curly maple. Does that make a difference?
  4. What is a Multi-ply white bound top? I get the white bound part, but not the mutli-ply

There is a myth that uncovered pickups allow more magnetic pull/sustain from the strings.. No idea if its true or not. I just love the way it looks.

I've had both Ebony and Rosewood. Ebony "feels" faster to me and its tone is slighly brighter from what I've been told.

All 150's and 140's are carved topped (unlike a slab body like an SG, LP Jr, or 137), CM is just curly maple implying nice figuring to the wood. Your guitar has both.

There are layers of binding, sort of like bands...Instead of a solid white band, there is a multiband, white-black-white-black-white. Sort of like new Fender Pickguards...

Hope that helps...

Any differences I should notice in the 157 from the 150? Specifically:

Thanks for your help and helping me through the next few days of waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and checking for a tracking number and waiting and waiting and checking for an update from the tracking number and waiting and ....

Not sure what your first question refers to, on the others:

2. I really prefer the hard smooth ebony fretboard on my Millie. It looks good and I like the smooth action when bending notes.
3. "Carved" refers to how the arched top is formed. Laminate tops are usually steam formed while carved tops start with a block of wood and are machined to the arched shape.
4. Multi-ply refers to multi-layered binding around the top edge of the guitar. The attached pictures show the single ply binding around my H150 Deluxe head stock and multi-ply binding around body -in this case, the horn. Your's will be very similar.

'10 H150 Deluxe - OSB detail

'10 H150 Ultra

Archived