Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H-125 Kenny Rambow Model

y2kc

Well it is going to happen. Heritage is making me a one-off Heritage H-125. This is known around Heritage as the Kenny Rambow Model. Mr. Rambow is a highly skilled Kalamazoo luthier that builds guitars using a variation of the H-125 body shape that he designed for Heritage many years ago. Kenny also winds certain pickups for Heritage. See thegearpage/newheritagepickup for a youtube video of his humbuckers in a h-150 at Wolfe Guitars in Fl.

This is one of those guys that knows way too much stuff.

I had seen the prototype H-125 at Heritage during the psp IV factory tour and expressed some desire to purchase it from them. They told me to take a hike.

At psp V , they remembered me and the next thing I know Rendall is handing me his cell phone with Kenny on the other end. Incredible.

Marv told me, "If Kenny will make the body, we will make it a Heritage". Awesome.

At the barn I gave Marv my business card and asked him to have Kenny call me if he showed up for the jam. I received a call on Monday morning. From our conversation I learned that Mr. Rambow is very passionate about playing music and building really cool stuff. I also learned he had deep respect for everyone at Heritage. He also wanted to know what a HOC was.

He sent me outlines of past H-125 templates and allowed me to tweak, within limits, the body shape. I have two old H-125's here and I actually just traced the oldest one and went from there. They are all different and that one is my favorite. I made the cutaway a tad more traditional, switched the board to ebony and reconfigured the knobs. Volume,tone and selector. A bare bones work horse. Going with the Seth Lovers and tone pro's. Trans red.

Kenny picked up a single slab of mahogany from Heritage and cut and shaped the body. Heritage is routing the neck pocket,p-u cavities etc.. The body was hand delivered to Heritage a couple of weeks ago and as of today there is no turning back. It's being built!

This was a being in the right place at the right time opportunity for me. Without Kenny Rambow's good standing at Heritage, this would not have happened. This also would not have happened without The Heritage Owners Club. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this club. I know I am quite and don't speak up much but I promise I can play just as loud as anyone here.

I asked Bill at Heritage today if I could post on the HOC and brag about my new guitar. He gave me the green light.

y2kc

Wow - what a cool thread. I was in the proto room at PSP when you were talking to Ren and he called up Kenny and gave you the phone. Fan-friggin-tastic that you're able to get the build thru. Lookiing forward to pics when you get it.

Very cool! Can't wait to seem some pics of this one.

Didn't Brent have one of these at one time?

What am I saying, Brent has had almost every model!

That's one of the many things that set Heritage apart from other guitar manufacturers. Way cool.

Very cool! Can't wait to seem some pics of this one.

Didn't Brent have one of these at one time?

What am I saying, Brent has had almost every model!

Yes this is the H-125 that Brent owned briefly. At this point ,Brent has owned every other guitar Heritage has ever produced. Thank goodness cause he passes some of them on to us. Oh yeah!

Ahhh.... you've got that maple one. I really liked that one, it has great wood and a cool look.

I'd considered grabbing it back then, you picked up a sweet and unique Heritage in that one....

Fred,

Yeah I guess I just go for the odd stuff. The Maple one has a thicker neck and I requested a little meat on the new one. Thanks for the kind words.

Funny story about the black H125 I have. I won it on ebay and drove to Indiana to pick it up. The guy had about a hundred guitars in this nasty house and by far this was the nicest one.

He had 99 crappy '80s and 90's cheap imports and a Heritage H-125 thqt he wanted to sell. Go figure.

y2kc

• 2 weeks later...

Well it is going to happen. Heritage is making me a one-off Heritage H-125. This is known around Heritage as the Kenny Rambow Model. Mr. Rambow is a highly skilled Kalamazoo luthier that builds guitars using a variation of the H-125 body shape that he designed for Heritage many years ago. Kenny also winds certain pickups for Heritage. See thegearpage/newheritagepickup for a youtube video of his humbuckers in a h-150 at Wolfe Guitars in Fl.

This is one of those guys that knows way too much stuff.

I had seen the prototype H-125 at Heritage during the psp IV factory tour and expressed some desire to purchase it from them. They told me to take a hike.

At psp V , they remembered me and the next thing I know Rendall is handing me his cell phone with Kenny on the other end. Incredible.

Marv told me, "If Kenny will make the body, we will make it a Heritage". Awesome.

At the barn I gave Marv my business card and asked him to have Kenny call me if he showed up for the jam. I received a call on Monday morning. From our conversation I learned that Mr. Rambow is very passionate about playing music and building really cool stuff. I also learned he had deep respect for everyone at Heritage. He also wanted to know what a HOC was.

He sent me outlines of past H-125 templates and allowed me to tweak, within limits, the body shape. I have two old H-125's here and I actually just traced the oldest one and went from there. They are all different and that one is my favorite. I made the cutaway a tad more traditional, switched the board to ebony and reconfigured the knobs. Volume,tone and selector. A bare bones work horse. Going with the Seth Lovers and tone pro's. Trans red.

Kenny picked up a single slab of mahogany from Heritage and cut and shaped the body. Heritage is routing the neck pocket,p-u cavities etc.. The body was hand delivered to Heritage a couple of weeks ago and as of today there is no turning back. It's being built!

This was a being in the right place at the right time opportunity for me. Without Kenny Rambow's good standing at Heritage, this would not have happened. This also would not have happened without The Heritage Owners Club. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this club. I know I am quite and don't speak up much but I promise I can play just as loud as anyone here.

I asked Bill at Heritage today if I could post on the HOC and brag about my new guitar. He gave me the green light.

y2kc

Hey,

I just got an email from Ken Rambow and the H-125 has been sprayed trans red and the fretboard is ebony. This guitar is getting built and I am getting excited.

This guitar will be a tad different than the other h-125's out there. I really appreciate Heritage and Ken Rambow for building this unique guitar.

These guy's are great,

y2kc

Archived