Heritage Owners Club

Golden Eagle headstock question

MartyGrass

Years back Heritage didn't do the MOP "The Heritage" inlays in their H157s, sometime in the 90s. That was pretty obvious. But this abalone tree thing- I just missed it. And there doesn't seem to be a consistency in years and models on whether MOP or abalone was used.

The only thing for sure is that the abalone tree guitars have a little fuller tone with warmer lows. It's like a cosmic antenna on the headstock that attracts all that is good in the universe.

Of course I could be wrong on this point.

The only thing for sure is that the abalone tree guitars have a little fuller tone with warmer lows. It's like a cosmic antenna on the headstock that attracts all that is good in the universe.

You're completely correct in this, Mark. I have it on good authority that the abalone trees are fully floating with a long tenon.

You're completely correct in this, Mark. I have it on good authority that the abalone trees are fully floating with a long tenon.

:thumbsup:

You guys must have been speaking to the guitar gods.

There may be something to this theory of yours.... My Eagle has abalone inlay..

DSCF0386.JPG

Here's a MOP variant on my old 2004 black GE.

file-96.jpg

So given your recollection of that former GE would you say she was an exception to:

"The only thing for sure is that the abalone tree guitars have a little fuller tone with warmer lows. It's like a cosmic antenna on the headstock that attracts all that is good in the universe.

Of course I could be wrong on this point. "

Or perhaps, Heritage broke the acoustic MOP tone mold with that GE? :icon_jokercolor:

The headstock on my '88 GE is all MOP. And for the record, the acoustic quality is deep, rich, wonderful :-)

Mine also has a bell-shaped truss-rod cover, as opposed to the current flat-bottomed covers. I kinda like the bell, but suspect it too closely resembled those used by that other company...

Archived