Heritage Owners Club

New Korina H-357 Day

DavesNotHere

I picked this up today from the factory. After a couple of dozen phone calls, untold emails, one finished wood sample sent to my house, I finally received "my" 357.

My thanks to everyonme who had a hand in building this work of art.

This is the long short version....This guitar started back at PSP V. I was talking to Marv about a possible custom build from a couple of discountinued body styles and he told me "We can do anything, it just depends on how much you want to spend" Well I described what I was thinking about and and he gave me a ballpark quote and told me "Give me a call when you're ready". Well I didn't quite have that much "spare" change so I never did make that call. But, Chris (Bolero) was in contact with Marv and gave Marv my contact info and Marv sent me an email in Novermber of last year that said, in the short but sweet Heritage way, "I'm ready to start your guitar, what do you want?" Sooooo, when Stradivari calls you say "Yes"

I called and we talked about the crazy ass stuff I was thinking about and and he finally said in only the way Marv can "Now, I can do that if you want, but just think about this this....." After a few phone calls I decided on a 357, but it had to be "my" 357. So here is a poor mans photo essay of the build.

"Now, I can do that if you want, but just think about this this....." became a recurring theme throughout the build, he has a gift of changing your mind while letting you think it was your idea. But, he was right everytime. He called a few days before my birthday to let me know it was done, so this is the best birthday present I have ever received.

I'll post some close up shots tomorrow.

That is Chris' (Bolero's) 357 that Marv is sanding, but that is mine on the bench. I had a custom fretboard done that put mine a few weeks behind his.

marv.jpg

The fretboard

IMAG1278.jpg

The pickguard and back plate

IMAG1243.jpg

The body pieces

IMAG1241.jpg

The Color sample. Marv sent this picture to me and then called me later that day and said " Hell, that's not a great picture, let me send you you the piece of wood to see if that's what you want. You shouldn't have to decide from a picture" I was like "OK" It was perfect by the way.

IMAG1250.jpg

Pre-Buffing shots

IMAG1358-1.jpg

IMAG1359.jpg

IMAG1361.jpg

My Son and Marv this morning

DSCF3874.jpg

Me and Marv

DSCF3876.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and by the way, the color is offically known as "Korina Orange" I asked Marv if he was going to call it "Dave's Pain In The Ass Orange" on the label after all the calls and emails we had, but he said " I can't do that...it was a pain in the ass but I can't put that on the label"

I love Heritage!

Congratulations! Last time I stopped by the factory, Marv showed me the wood sample and I told him it was going to look killer. Turned out better than I pictured in my mind!

It's beautiful!

Just incredible.... the story.... Marv..... and of course the guitar.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was grinning ear to ear as I read the story, Dave. Congratulations, and Happy Birthday, indeed! I'm glad to see you made it a family affair and brought the boys along to see this "timeline event" for their Dad. One day when one of them inherits, it, they'll be able to tell the story about their trip "up North" to get Dad's guitar. I'm also glad to see you had them dress appropriately in HOC approved tshirts, haha.

Awesome story, pics, Dave. Congrats and it looks great with your boys in the group shot out front!

That's an excellent BDay gift; a conversation with Mr. Lamb AND to tour the Heritage 225 address. I would have never thought of that.

Happy Birthday DavesNotHere!

Oh, as H said, Very nice BDay snatch!

Archived