Heritage Owners Club

Very Custom Super Golden Eagle

MartyGrass

This guitar was delivered to its owner yesterday. Some of you saw it before it was completed at PSP.

The NY Heritage rep, Patrick, go this in place of sales commissions. Here's how it happened.

He bought the top, rims and back from an Alaskan company. He had the tailpiece made in Germany. The pickup was custom wound as a single coil by Kent Armstrong to replicate a Rhythm Chief. The bridge was also made by Gagnon.

The guitar is sized between the Super Eagle and Golden Eagle, and it is 1/4" deeper. There is no cupid's bow. The cutaway is Florentine. And the inlays are split blocks.

Patrick was there when Marv rolled the neck so it came out perfectly.

The finish has two extra layer of clear coat. The shading is OSB but is lighter so as to not hide the character of the spruce and maple toward the rims.

It turned out amazingly well, plays fast and sounds great. The spruce top is among the most interesting and beautiful I've even seen.

This guitar is an example of what Heritage is capable of.

20130724_140614_zps211dd1a2.jpg20130724_140627_zps150b472f.jpg20130724_140646_zpsdc1cdef0.jpgDSC01618_zps067e452e.jpgDSC01624_zpsebe42df1.jpg

This guitar is an example of what Heritage is capable of.

To quote Bob Seger. "Hell I've known that for years!"

GoldenEagleWood001.jpg

Good spruce is harder to get these days. That prompted Patrick buying his own. I don't know how much it cost, but a lot. I do know the back for the back was $490.

Aaron Cowles was providing the wood for the neck. Marv didn't like the dimension and came up with his own winner.

So all in all it was well beyond the "premium woods package".

I understand why someone would want to go through all of that trouble for a build, much of it just for the aesthetics. But not me. I don't want the stress for an instrument that has a major purpose in my life to reduce stress. On the other hand, dibs- definitely.

Archived