Heritage Owners Club

HNAD! :)

smurph1

Got me one of them there Fender 68 Princeton Reverb Customs.. 15w with a 10 inch Celestion, Reverb and Tremelo! Sounds great with both of my (Sorry to say this, skip over it if you want..) Stratocasters!! Just rich full and amazingly fat for such a small amp.. I'll get you some pics tonight when I get home!! :icon_sunny:

No just a regular MIM Fender!! The build seems to be excellent though.. In the booklet it says it has handwired tube sockets.. I guess that is good.. Just sounds wonderful though!!

The new Fender '68 Custom Princeton Reverb amps are just getting to market.

The Princeton Reverb brings a whopping 12 watt output to the table. Powered by a pair of 6v6 tubes, the Princeton Reverb has become one of the most versatile amps to be used in both recordings and live performances. A single 10 inch Celestion Ten 30 speaker delivers the vintage characteristics while boosting versatility with a straight forward “Rock and Roll” attitude.

princeton.jpg

I was just re-bonding with my '73 Strat last night. She's forty years old now, and I still love what she says to me. 'I'm all yours, baby"...only in musical language. She knows she's one of two single coil choices I have and seems to accept the new Heritage branch of our family. But she does want to pair up with a Fender amp.

What? Anthropomorphic? Me?

I was just re-bonding with my '73 Strat last night. She's forty years old now, and I still love what she says to me. 'I'm all yours, baby"...only in musical language. She knows she's one of two single coil choices I have and seems to accept the new Heritage branch of our family. But she does want to pair up with a Fender amp.

What? Anthropomorphic? Me?

Don't know what that big word means but I bet it's funny!! :) Thanks for the Pic GF!!

Congrats Scott on your purchase, the Princeton - my dream amp that I will buy someday, in one form or another, once I get the bucks. Sounds amazing, doesn't it! Punkkitty just bought one too.

Guest HRB853370

I have been on the lookout for an original. Had a few opportunities but passed, dammit. The guy I bought my 52 RI Tele from had one for around $600. It was a 1970 model.

I like that they handwired the tube sockets, that should keep some heat off of the circuit board! Many of the failures

of my personal circuit board amps were due to the overheating at the sockets. I wonder if they did flying leads to the

input jacks which is another weakness of the production line Fenders

Guest HRB853370

The new Fender '68 Custom Princeton Reverb amps are just getting to market.

The Princeton Reverb brings a whopping 12 watt output to the table. Powered by a pair of 6v6 tubes, the Princeton Reverb has become one of the most versatile amps to be used in both recordings and live performances. A single 10 inch Celestion Ten 30 speaker delivers the vintage characteristics while boosting versatility with a straight forward “Rock and Roll” attitude.

princeton.jpg

That new lineup looks impressive! Especially the Twin Reverb. But purists are already scoffing.....

Mine was $849 at my local mom and pop, and they gave a decent trade in on my C-30.. So I'm pretty happy!!

That new lineup looks impressive! Especially the Twin Reverb. But purists are already scoffing.....

Probably are.. but I bought it because I liked the sound, not because of the circuitry.. YMMV..

Congrats!

Thanks.. How do you like yours? I Love the fact that mine has plenty of volume and is light too!!

Guest HRB853370

Thanks.. How do you like yours? I Love the fact that mine has plenty of volume and is light too!!

So the sound is great? Did you compare it to the 65 Princeton Reissue side by side?

The most interesting thing to me is how closely Fender pegged this price-wise. It sits right at the bottom end of the price of an original (albeit well used) '68 Silverface Princeton Reverb.

Also, the '68 Custom Reissue is priced dead on the current market price of an '80's Fender Rivera era Princeton Reverb II that is 22 watts, point to point wired, two channel (Clean/OD) and comes stock with a 12" speaker and slightly larger cabinet.

Guest HRB853370

The most interesting thing to me is how closely Fender pegged this price-wise. It sits right at the bottom end of the price of an original (albeit well used) '68 Silverface Princeton Reverb.

Also, the '68 Custom Reissue is priced dead on the current market price of an '80's Fender Rivera era Princeton Reverb II that is 22 watts, point to point wired, two channel (Clean/OD) and comes stock with a 12" speaker and slightly larger cabinet.

Maybe Fender has a good marketing manager there!

Mine was $849 at my local mom and pop, and they gave a decent trade in on my C-30.. So I'm pretty happy!!

DC-30??? Matchless??? Say it ain't so...

Congrats!

I don't have it yet. It's supposed to arrive on Thursday. I'll have a few days to play with it before I leave for vacation next Tuesday.

Guest HRB853370

You traded your beloved C 30? How could you!! I thought you loved that amp. Somebody told me that PV C 30's and Delta Blues amps are very Vox like in their configuration.

Archived