Heritage Owners Club

Centurion pics.. just for fun

FredZepp

Fred, there are a lot of "newcomers" here who may not know the story behind this amazing guitar (myself included).

Whatever it is, I think it bears repeating....so please, indulge us...

Indulge, I will... The easiest explanation is on the certificate that is with the instrument...

Centurion+Certificate.jpgIM001226+label.JPG

So, quite literally, the Grandaddy of 'em all! Wow.

so...it's a an Eagle in fundamental construction, with an old F-style headstock, and bling that is all fairly evident with eyes. Bass expanse on the bridge, inlaid heel, fingerstyle trapeze tailpiece...pickups? One pc neck? Maple or Hog?

So, quite literally, the Grandaddy of 'em all! Wow.

so...it's a an Eagle in fundamental construction, with an old F-style headstock, and bling that is all fairly evident with eyes. Bass expanse on the bridge, inlaid heel, fingerstyle trapeze tailpiece...pickups? One pc neck? Maple or Hog?

Designed by the head of the finishing dept at Heritage at the time, the details were carefully crafted. Tap tuned front and back , 9 ply multi binding on the body, triple bound f-holes, and woods carefully selected by the folks at Heritage to be of finest quality. They found the darkest ebony and most stunning flamed and quilted maples. Heart of Abalone inlays on the neck. On the headstock abalone Heritage inlay and hummingbird inlay done by Maudie Moore herself. Pickups are Seth Lovers. 5 piece maple neck.. The figured maple used for the back is insane....

IM001796.JPGbridge+flame2.JPGe+Cent+back.JPG

wow...just stunning. wonderful touch with the diamond on the heel, and rear of headstock.

now, the parts of the story we all want to know...how did YOU manage to procure this amazing piece of guitar history?

What do you play her though, and what type of music?

Guest HRB853370

Fred, I would like to buy it. No? Ok, I would like to order one. No? Dammit. So how did you acquire this absolute stunner of all stunners!?

Guest HRB853370

Whatever happened to Lawrence Perkins? I could not find any information on him. Is he still alive? Man, I bet that guitar is priceless, literally.

wow...just stunning. wonderful touch with the diamond on the heel, and rear of headstock.

now, the parts of the story we all want to know...how did YOU manage to procure this amazing piece of guitar history?

What do you play her though, and what type of music?

The original owner and designer came up with the idea of a " Last instrument made at Parsons Street in the 20th Century" commemorative guitar as he was being promoted. It's an 18" archtop (Super Eagle) but slightly deeper than normal . (It's a huge guitar to play) . When Larry left Heritage and moved out west, they had a sudden health crisis with their dog and because of moving expenses etc, needed to sell the Centurion. It was expensive, but I still thought it a bargain considering what it represents.

Often I like to play it unplugged, but it's not a one trick pony and will do many styles of music, due to the Seth Lover pickups.

Guest HRB853370

The original owner and designer came up with the idea of a " Last instrument made at Parsons Street in the 20th Century" commemorative guitar as he was being promoted. It's an 18" archtop (Super Eagle) but slightly deeper than normal . (It's a huge guitar to play) . When Larry left Heritage and moved out west, they had a sudden health crisis with their dog and because of moving expenses etc, needed to sell the Centurion. It was expensive, but I still thought it a bargain considering what it represents.

Often I like to play it unplugged, but it's not a one trick pony and will do many styles of music, due to the Seth Lover pickups.

So to continue Fred, how did you get wind of this? Did you know Larry personally or was it just pure luck and it fell in your lap? If its TMI just say so.

So to continue Fred, how did you get wind of this? Did you know Larry personally or was it just pure luck and it fell in your lap? If its TMI just say so.

He needed to sell it quick... so he listed it here for a short period and then tried a quick ebay listing. It's just not an instrument that you can easy sell quickly because of the cost and lack of info on what a "Heritage Eagle Centurion" is... I bought it off of the ebay listing..

I've heard from Larry a few times , but not for a while. He's a relatively young guy so I'm sure he's out there still somewhere...

When he sent the guitar, he (at my request) provided some nice paperwork with the details of the guitars history.

Guest HRB853370

He needed to sell it quick... so he listed it here for a short period and then tried a quick ebay listing. It's just not an instrument that you can easy sell quickly because of the cost and lack of info on what a "Heritage Eagle Centurion" is... I bought it off of the ebay listing..

I've heard from Larry a few times , but not for a while. He's a relatively young guy so I'm sure he's out there still somewhere...

When he sent the guitar, he (at my request) provided some nice paperwork with the details of the guitars history.

Well, put me in line for dibbs ok?

Whatever happened to Lawrence Perkins? I could not find any information on him. Is he still alive? Man, I bet that guitar is priceless, literally.

I knew Larry from my days of living in Kalamazoo quite a few years ago. Even jammed with him a few times. He had a blues based band call Larry Perkins and Red Rooster. One heck of a nice guy and very good guitar player. The last I heard of him he was somewhere in Kentucky or Tennessee studying, building and playing banjos.

The story is cool and the guitar even cooler. Thanks for sharing the story:) It's also

cool how so many of you guys here are on first name basis with the crew at Heritage.

Hopefully, one day, I will get to meet the people that build these guitars. A PSP would

be nice, but my schedule is so demanding playing wise I don't know if that would be

possible.

Archived