Heritage Owners Club

Under The Tree

DetroitBlues

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

My phone (and several others) was blowing up yesterday morning with this breaking news! See? FleaBay is not so bad after all! Nice snag!

Guest HRB853370

Sweet. May this be "the one".

Maybe we should take "bets" on that statement!! Haha

Nice one, DB! Black pickguard maybe?

Heavens no, please don't ruin a gorgeous GT with a PG. GT's are destined to be born without PG's!!!

Guest HRB853370

I will say this... The Pickguard will go and the tailpiece too...

I like that tailpiece....nothing wrong with it....I know MartyGrass collects them though.

Thanks everyone... Still playing it today... Again, no complaints and better yet, no compromises like I've had with other guitars... While I'd hoped to place a custom order, a few good friends on here took time to reason with me. You fellas know who you are... Thank You!

Black pickguard? Sort of a Bonamassa thing, but not mine. I want a G style pg on this. But in cream.

Selling/trade it!? I have no regrets. Or buyers remorse for that matter. It will make the PSP photo this year if there is one. I have no reason to part with it nor thankfully any other guitar I have...

Guest HRB853370

Thanks everyone... Still playing it today... Again, no complaints and better yet, no compromises like I've had with other guitars... While I'd hoped to place a custom order, a few good friends on here took time to reason with me. You fellas know who you are... Thank You!

Black pickguard? Sort of a Bonamassa thing, but not mine. I want a G style pg on this. But in cream.

Selling/trade it!? I have no regrets. Or buyers remorse for that matter. It will make the PSP photo this year if there is one. I have no reason to part with it nor thankfully any other guitar I have...

Quite welcome, quite welcome. And NO pickguard! Nada! Looks just fine nekked!

DB congrats on your new guitar, I'm a sucker for a Goldtop and that one has a nice dish. And I would go

with a pickguard if you plan on gigging that big bad rocking machine. But I would seriously

reconsider reflowing the solder joints on the back of those pots, they look iffy to me and could lead to extra

noise, signal loss, and perhaps a failure down the line. The solder joints should be shiney (no greyish stuff),

and when completed the excess flux should be wiped off with some isopropyl alcohol!

Aside from the 5way switch (which was soldered on by somebody else and overheated), this is what they should look like, as done by Tom Short....

P1010161.jpg

I'm sure the amp builder guys (H, Slider, Mav212), out there would concur with me!!!!!

Archived