Heritage Owners Club

new amp coming! vox/matchless design in mather cherrywood cab

eljay

Hey, all!

This guy has been a-building for over a year. Divorce and other life stuff, with the attendant cash flow impacts, forced a delay in finishing up. But, finally!

I wanted a vox type amp to round out my gear. Found a kool kit made by Trinity Amps in Canada (eh). Asked my friend Jim Nickelson at Li'l Dawg Amps if he would build the kit for me.

Got Peter Mather into the mix with a cabinet, polished solid cherry.

Received an email telling me it's ready to ship, last evening. Lifted Jim's photos to share with you, here:

larrysfinishedamplf_zps78d20edd.jpg

larrysfinishedamprr_zpsd1fdb429.jpg

larrysfinishedamptop_zpsdd2afd66.jpg

ef86 preamp tube and weber british series alnico speaker.

Pics before it happens :icon_sunny:

Whoa Baby! That's beautiful. Keep the baby photos, she is going to tan brown over the next few months. Kudos for keeping your cherry natural :).

Congrats!

Whoa, absolutely killer cabinet there! drool.gif

Trinity makes a fine kit--premium components, well laid out. I built a head version of their 18W TMB, which came out great.

Living Room worthy.

in fact, she's going in the living room. no space left in the den! i think i'll put a guitar stand with my favorite axe (on any given day) next to an easy chair and make this my go-to spot for a while . . .

sign11.gif

Can we ask what it cost?

ballpark $1600. i could have purchased the trinity build for that price but i like the idea of li'l dawg's tlc going into it and the custom cab appealed to me.

Archived