Heritage Owners Club

Photo's on my H 157 after being sprayed

rstein

I went to the shop last thursday to get some photo's of the finish I picked and I have to say I love it. I am totally geeked about the finish and the lacquer hasn't even been put on it yet. This is my very first build and first ever Heritage. I received a lot of help and info from everyone on this forum. Also a special thanks to Brentrocks and and NoSnowBlower. Should be completely done in 4-6 weeks I am told. Cant wait!

post-19466-0-48959500-1401720421_thumb.jpg

post-19466-0-97673800-1401720432_thumb.jpg

post-19466-0-42715100-1401720502_thumb.jpg

Wow, that is one great look. Congratulations on a fine first Heritage. You are going to love it!

What is the actual color designation of that spray job?

It is a VSB with some tweaks. I have been working with the guys in finishing and Marv for a few weeks and this is what we came up with.

Another 4 - 6 weeks? YIkes!! I'd be all about "I want it now!!" if I got pictures like that. When that gets buffed, it's going to be gorgeous.

I know right and this doesn't have it's 7 coats of lacquer on it yet.

VSB

Very Special Build... looking good to me. What pups?

I have a set of gold HRW and nickel Duncan JB bridge and 59 neck. I cant decide. I have the HRW up for sale in the sale section that nobody seems to want. Prob duncans though.

Excellent! Congrats on the new build, hope to see it a PSP.

I wont be there I will be in Tokyo and the guitar should be done by then. I really wanted to go though.

I wont be there I will be in Tokyo and the guitar should be done by then. I really wanted to go though.

Such a shame. Still congrats... As to HRW's, I think they are exceptional pickups, but also with Heritage now using Seymour Duncans, there are many options to better suite individual's custom orders. I think the only reason for buying HRW's now is for the nostalgia of something handcrafted at Heritage by Ren. You cannot go wrong using them, but its all about personal choice.

Oh that is just beautiful!

What is the official name for the finish?

VSB with some of my own tweaks. There really isn't any official name for it.

Archived