Heritage Owners Club

NGD...with a capital "G"

Ghostbound

The H555 is here, and boy, is it a gorgeous guitar. My fears in regards to the color, as it turns out, were completely misplaced. It is simply stunning. Of course, it sounds incredible. I would never have guessed that the SD Custom Custom would be such a nice fit for the bridge position of a semi-hollow. The kicker is this: it is completely silent under tons of gain. I brought it to my rehearsal space, where I keep my rig (an Orange Rockerverb 100 MK II pushing an Emperor 612 cabinet with Weber speakers), and it is a metal machine. I get no unwanted feedback outside of the lovely overtones the semi-hollow construction provides. Endless sustain. Of course, the '59 in the neck is where it's at for clean tones.

-Alec

post-19704-0-06944500-1415720100_thumb.jpg

I'd post more pictures, but for whatever reason this forum is not friendly to iphone photos as far as the file attachment thing goes. It's really finicky. Anyone else have this problem?

It's quite an ingenious piece of kit, in fact. It's really a closed-back 4/12 with a ported, open-back 2/12 built into it. It gives me just the amount of highs I need in addition to the rumbling bass response of the 412. It's the not-so-secret-weapon of my rig. I also acquired it for a fraction of the original price. It's a shame Emperor went tits-up as these are not being built anymore.

-Alec

Ahhh, glad to hear all is well. The earlier photos gave you reason to be concerned, but now that it's arrived no more anxiety. Finish looks a lot better in your photo.

That is a beauty of a 555.

This site does best with pics that are hosted on a photo site ( photobucket, google-photos, etc.. ) and then linked here using the add image button.

Wow!! Great NGD. I'm really surprised at the choice of bridge PU. The Custom custom is one of my favorites. It's got a nice P90 quality to it (but can get heavier). So it makes sense now.

Beautiful. Congrats.

So glad you are thrilled with the way your beauty turned out. The last waiting hours can conjure up lots of unnecessary apprehension. It is an especially wonderful example of what the folks consistently deliver. Congratulations and enjoy!

Archived