Heritage Owners Club

1963 Fender Tweed Champ

"Down-watting" is the way to go for great sound that won't make you deaf.

Say what? I seriously disagree with that!

post-21057-0-82328500-1445358686_thumb.jpg

Not only that, but "down-watting" is also the way to go for great sound that won't break your back. :icon_smile:

You must be both deaf and old Yooper. I am in the opposite camp. If it doesn't say Twin Reverb, have at least 85 watts and doesn't weight at least 70 lbs, I don't want it.

You must be both deaf and old Yooper. I am in the opposite camp. If it doesn't say Twin Reverb, have at least 85 watts and doesn't weight at least 70 lbs, I don't want it.

What? You know you're confined to you walker and they don't allow anything that heavy in your assisted living home.

What? You know you're confined to you walker and they don't allow anything that heavy in your assisted living home.

I saw this one coming.....

If that's so, then you have the PUNIEST Twin Reverb in existence. :icon_scratch: I know, I played it!

Ha ha ha!

I found a deal on one of these, under $1,000 which is a few hundred less than market value.

But the price makes me wonder... What's wrong with it? Can it be salved? Can it be fixed if there is a problem?

NEVER salve a tube amp unless you have first properly reversed the polarity of the flange decoupler, which is located on the distal portion of the muffler bearing. Once the rectifier gasket is exposed to the incorrect polarity, chances are that a marconi singularity will develop inside the rectifier. And if that happens my friend, you might as well toss the entire lambda supplement of the fargen.

lol..

NEVER salve a tube amp unless you have first properly reversed the polarity of the flange decoupler, which is located on the distal portion of the muffler bearing. Once the rectifier gasket is exposed to the incorrect polarity, chances are that a marconi singularity will develop inside the rectifier. And if that happens my friend, you might as well toss the entire lambda supplement of the fargen.

lol..

It that fails, I'll use my flux capcitor to give me the 1.21 gigawatts to go back and time and not buy it.

Oh wait, I didn't buy it.

lol..

Dang, that is deep stuff there. Did you ever work for Saab Scania automobiles?? :book1:

I saw the amp today... Wow, beat up is not the word to use... Dragged up from the bottom of a garabage heap....

Such mojo!

Two-prong plug was changed to a 3-prong.

Tolex is mostly there, but missing from the top corner.

Speaker needs to be replace/reconed.

Leather carrying strap is completely gone, most likely rotted away.

I saw the amp today... Wow, beat up is not the word to use... Dragged up from the bottom of a garabage heap....

Such mojo!

Two-prong plug was changed to a 3-prong.

Tolex is mostly there, but missing from the top corner.

Speaker needs to be replace/reconed.

Leather carrying strap is completely gone, most likely rotted away.

Caveat emptor...Money pit amp.

220px-Money_pit_movie_poster.jpg

Sounds like a risky move to me.

I'll add a quote to my list of life lessons learned from my days on a road crew of old wise men.

1) NEVER buy anything thats been in a flood.

2) Save up and buy what you REALLY want, Don't settle on what you can afford right now

3) You get what you pay for....every single time...maybe not now, maybe not in month...but you will inevitably get EXACTLY what you pay for.

Archived