Heritage Owners Club

Jay Wolfe says there are talks happening to buyout Heritage.

barrymclark

Quote from Jay Wolfe on Heritage Custom Guitars' Facebook page:

"Rumors of Heritage being sold are somewhat accurate, as they are actually in talks with a seriously interested US party, who wants the guys to stay on for an extended period to maintain training & quality. Nothing is firm yet and I'll report more as it develops."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1512...28828/?fref=nf

Any of our Michigan folks close to the Heritage team heard anything?

I first heard of it from Brent on a Heritage Facebook post. He heard but then figured it to be a rumor. Then Jay chimed in. I wouldn't necessarily hear about it through family channels until it is a done deal.

That rumor is quite old too. I heard about it a couple years ago and again it was coming from Jay. We all know the owners of Heritage have a very short window left before they just can't build anymore. Change will happen, but I think the good folks at Heritage are trying to preserve more than just a name brand.

Let me know when it's last call for custom orders.

You missed it, it was October 31.

I just found this interesting article from March 2015:

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2015/03/heritage_guitar_co_still_craft.html

That is an excellent article! The photos are well worth checking out.

-1fb7b1f255ca9570.JPG

Yea and Jay also said that Marv has successfully murdered every serious plan or suggestion anyone has ever come up with regarding a way to keep Heritage going when the founders are done building guitars. I've said it before, I have zero optimism that The Heritage Guitar company will outlive the founders and if you ever thought about buying a new Heritage guitar, BUY ONE NOW!

Yea and Jay also said that Marv has successfully murdered every serious plan or suggestion anyone has ever come up with regarding a way to keep Heritage going when the founders are done building guitars. I've said it before, I have zero optimism that The Heritage Guitar company will outlive the founders and if you ever thought about buying a new Heritage guitar, BUY ONE NOW!

I have great optimism that it will not only survive, but flourish. Jay and Marv may have a love/hate relationship, but I know there is much mutual respect for each other.

Here it is kids, hot off the press. A deal has been reached between the owners of Heritage and one Mark Zuckerberg, you know the Facebook guy. Heritage will remain as it is with the exception that each guitar will now come standard with a like button. Mr.Zuckerberg also hopes that current and future Heritage owners will start "sharing" their great guitars. So in the spirit of the new dawn of heritage let me be the first to like Heritage and if anyone cares to share their fine instruments please don't hesitate to ship them all to me. I promise to like them all, even the ones with skinny necks, and eventually share them on to the next guy!

Maybe it's time for me to order a "new" heritage. My kahuna is still out of town getting fixed though. I would think that maybe the recent passing of one of the founders may have spurred more interest in the company, or made the owners more amenable to a possible sale.

And FYI, the guitar pictured in my avatar was purchased new from Jay Wolfe. I never have had any issues with the store, except that I need to keep myself away from it so I don't end up buying G&L and Heritage guitars all the time.

Archived