Heritage Owners Club

It's Official... Custom 535 has begun....

DetroitBlues

I don't know who your dealer is, but isn't this one of the reason Heritage wants orders through dealers exclusively? So that they have one point of contact once things are in the works. Maybe ask them to inquire....stands to reason that they are in frequent contact with the shop.

I'm familiar with three different dealers, and get the impression that each of them has great communication with Parsons St

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know who your dealer is, but isn't this one of the reason Heritage wants orders through dealers exclusively? So that they have one point of contact once things are in the works. Maybe ask them to inquire....stands to reason that they are in frequent contact with the shop.

I'm familiar with three different dealers, and get the impression that each of them has great communication with Parsons St

The Dealer would be me! I am in excellent communications, Josh is in great hands.

It's the the communication at all. The folks at Heritage don't allow progress photos. I'm sure I can call any time. But wouldn't that just delay their building identifying my build and reporting it progress. I know it's started and when it's finished, I'll be ready to pick it up directly from the factory... Possibly have the owners sign it for me....

• 2 weeks later...

My order has progressed tremendously.....might be done at the end of the month!

Better save your pennies. And now would be a good time to break the news to your wife!

Hey DB,

I hope you worked it out where your dealer is going to personally hand deliver it to you, after doing the full detail job! Set up, shine and wax, make sure the intonation is spot on, and throw in a new strap, and maybe even one of those fancy GT cables! .. and a free pick. Gotta have a pick!

Or maybe you got one of those low bid jobs where you have to go to the factory and pick it up yourself???!!!

Can't wait to see this baby, both in photo and in person.

Soooooo jealous!

I started to hear an annoying buzz when I bought my most recent Heritage. I put the guitar down but the buzz continued. It was only then I realized that the noise was my wife telling me that I have enough guitars.

Pick it up and play it often.

Hey DB,

I hope you worked it out where your dealer is going to personally hand deliver it to you, after doing the full detail job! Set up, shine and wax, make sure the intonation is spot on, and throw in a new strap, and maybe even one of those fancy GT cables! .. and a free pick. Gotta have a pick!

Or maybe you got one of those low bid jobs where you have to go to the factory and pick it up yourself???!!!

Can't wait to see this baby, both in photo and in person.

I can find no greater satisfaction that visiting the factory myself, shaking hands with all those involved in the build, and driving back home (Only 4 hours round trip). I am extremely excited about this.

• 1 month later...

The heartache continues. My 535 is ready for me to take home. But there is a problem...

I can't get the time off to get it.

I've been working 10 hours, M-F and 8 Hours Sat-Sun since mid-February and its not expected to stop until sometime in April.

While I could just have it shipped to me, visiting the factory and shaking hands with all those involved in its creation is all part of the intangable experience I don't want to miss.

Waiting never ends it seems.

Did you get sucked into a launch vortex?

Try 6 of them... I am the supervisor for all the Quality Audits in Pre-Production. All sorts of prototypes for 2018 and 2019.

As I sit here at my desk during a brief pause to catch my breath. Good news is I'm walking around the shop on average of 4.5 miles every day.

But these 5:30am starts are wearing me out, especially the sunday of spring Daylights Saving day...

Congratulations on the completion of the 535, Josh, but Geez-O-Pete, those hours are nuts! If there is an upside to your crazy schedule, I hope that it has cured you of the affliction of "I'm Not Worthy" that you seem to get after you get something nice for yourself. I'd say you definitely deserve this! I hope you can go pick her up soon.

Archived