Heritage Owners Club

It's Official... Custom 535 has begun....

DetroitBlues

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HeritageH-550003_zpsf5ab23df.jpg

After saving up for several months, my custom 535 order has been placed.

Final specs...

Heritage H-535 Wine Red Translucent finish

- Rosewood Finger board Dot inlays

- Marv Carve .900 to 1.000 profile

- Gold Tonepros hardware

- Gold Kluson Style 135G Tuners

- Seth Lover pickups

- Black Pickup rings, Toggle tip and Top hat Knobs

- Bound Headstock

- Cream Binding

- Mother of pearl Inlay "The Heritage"

- Heritage Case included

- Pick Guard UNMOUNTED

I plan on mounting a G-Style PG as I want this to resemble a late 50's ES-335

Wine Red was chosen for its ability to show the figuring of the wood.

Gold Hardware IMHO accents the color nicely.

I will ask the factory for pics as it progresses.

I don't think I have ever been so excited about a guitar order.

I'll pick her up from the factory in the Spring!

I would agree about the wine red accentuation!!!

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a592/slammer1953/HeritageH-550003_zpsf5ab23df.jpg

HeritageH-550003_zpsf5ab23df.jpg

You? A Heritage???

Welcome to the world of cold, dead hands guitar! You know the boys in Kazoo are going to be careful with your one-off. It appears you have a well though out design. Congrats!!!

Thank you sir! Maybe when it's ready, you will be able to come with me....

Good for you DB. Can't wait to see it. I like wine colored finishes in general. You said it will come with an unmounted pickguard but you want a Gibbie shaped one some day? Maybe have them make a wood one for you? My 535 came with one from Wolfe's, pretty sure the boys in Kalamazzo made it. I'd love to get one for my 150.

DSC_0075.jpg

That would be my honor.

Rich, I'd be sure to be very specific with that guy when asking him to pull something out..... :icon_rr:

:laughing4::laughing4::laughing4::laughing4:

Sure, I will fly up there to celebrate the new acquisition

Don't let the manic confusion weigh on you, its business as usual regardless of how some members may spin so called news...

I am not trying to imply the sky is falling, but with the confusion over what's going to (or not going to) happen to the company would concern me if I recently placed an order. I still contend that ignorance is bliss and this unoffical announcement (and or rumors) would have been better left unstated until it was official.

If I had the funds, I'd definitely have another custom order in the works...in a heartbeat. And would have no concerns whatsoever about the 'business end' of the company. I doubt if the current owners, master luthiers and other skilled workers at the factory are being distracted by current speculation. It does however, make for very stimulating conversation here at the HOC.

DB~ We look forward to seeing your finished 535. You've certainly expressed your neck profile preferences (size matters!) and other guitar specs over the years. Let's hope this turns out to be the "Detroit Blues Signature 535" model!

Truth be told it bothers me a bit, only because I worry about it getting lost in the process, never completed, or not made right.

But it's small really worry. Business deals like this only really bring concern to the people who work there. I don't want to see any craftsmen lose their job or earn less.

Truth be told it bothers me a bit, only because I worry about it getting lost in the process, never completed, or not made right.

But it's small really worry. Business deals like this only really bring concern to the people who work there. I don't want to see any craftsmen lose their job or earn less.

Yup. This right here.

It's certainly not my intent to hijack your thread, DB, but I'm in the same boat. My 157 build is going on at the same time as your 535.

It'll be all good bro. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its been a few weeks now, I don't know what the progress is since pictures are no longer allowed to be shared.

But the waiting is the hardest part. For those of you that have order guitars before, I don't know how you can do it!

Uh ... what? You can't share pics of your build? Who made that determination?

Archived