Heritage Owners Club

NAMM - Breakdown

Millennium Maestro

So I am back from NAMM where I was limited to Cel phone comunications and could not do anything efficiently.

Heritage had 17 guitars there, some really sweet instruments. 3- 30th anniversary 555's really stole the show, one was on display in the main entry to the entire show! I know there was a event to pay respects to our dear departed JP Moats and others lost.

Heritage did not release any new models this year.

I know there was a little stress when FEDEX delayed the delivery of a bunch of guitars to the first few days of the show.

It was great hanging with artists Wild Bill Durkin, Wendy Kells Brown and David Becker. Its cool I am gonna meet up with David in Vegas in a week, I was pushing Wendy towards the HOC and some of its events... Hope she joins.

Wild Biil featured in this video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcdGU0jCihg
Wild%20Bill%20Durkin_zpsswbew2p8.jpg

Wendy Kells Browns Web site http://www.wendykellsbrown.com/Listen.html
Wendy%20Kells%20Brown4_zpszoxlyq4y.jpg

Aside from that I didn't spend much time around competitors booths, had a great time drooling on raw, $600 guitar tops looking to source some birdseye maple. There are sooo many spectacular artists at NAMM and this year was no different. I am gonna transfer some pictures off my phone and share them a little later.

My mind was also blown by a few Variable scale guitars.

So fill me in on whats off with the backbone product. Its the same guitar, tone woods, pickups etc.... Just a additional part that has a dramatic effect.

Fill me in!!!

You shouldn't feed us straight lines like that...

Nice!!! The "fanned fret" aka "multiscale" instruments seem to be getting more traction, though almost all the players I see using them don't really know what a chord is. With the frets slanted like that a lot of the chord forms don't really work, so they seem mainly oriented towards solo players who play lots of scales, arpeggios, etc.

The tensor thing... kinda not buying it. The pressure you already get from the standard bolt on is pretty high, and has a nice sound transference. A neck-through design would probably be better, though those have their own problems. This DOES make me miss my telecaster though.

Hope you don't mind my piling in here. The guy that was the drummer in my 70's band (see my multiple posts on that subject!) was there. He just sent me a few pics he snapped at the Heritage Booth, today.

IMG950307.jpgIMG950308.jpg

IMG950309.jpg

IMG950310.jpg

IMG950311.jpg

IMG950312.jpg

IMG950313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

Archived