Heritage Owners Club

Would you like to buy a new guitar directly from the factory?

Polo

As an addendum to Kip's idea, I'd like to propose my own.

Rosewood and ebony are becoming more and more scarce. Maybe Heritage would be willing to use us as test subjects for alternative fretboard woods. Roasted maple would be a good option. There are also composites available. I would be willing to take one for the team and test a 535 with one of these alternatives.

Naw,there is plenty of Rosewood and Ebony. It is just becoming more regulated.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an addendum to Kip's idea, I'd like to propose my own.

Rosewood and ebony are becoming more and more scarce. Maybe Heritage would be willing to use us as test subjects for alternative fretboard woods. Roasted maple would be a good option. There are also composites available. I would be willing to take one for the team and test a 535 with one of these alternatives.

PK~ Good 'out of the box' idea!

I'd like to suggest Pau Ferro (Brazilian Ironwood) as a fretboard option. I've played other gits with it (Ibanez LR10, Fender SRV Strat, Peavey Cirrus Bass and G&L Bluesboy) and it is a fantastic alternative to Rosewood, Ebony or Maple. Never tried the Roasted Maple, but it always makes me hungry when mentioned.

PK~ Good 'out of the box' idea!

I'd like to suggest Pau Ferro (Brazilian Ironwood) as a fretboard option. I've played other gits with it (Ibanez LR10, Fender SRV Strat, Peavey Cirrus Bass and G&L Bluesboy) and it is a fantastic alternative to Rosewood, Ebony or Maple. Never tried the Roasted Maple, but it always makes me hungry when mentioned.

I'm thinking of these as stripped down guitars. Only Duncan black top 59's available as pickups. Plain maple top with any of the standard finishes. No fretboard binding. 1 volume, 1 tone, and a three way switch. Maybe call it an H-533 to denote it as stripped down model.

The requirement for these is that we have to provide feedback. Videos, audio clips, constructive feedback, etc. This is market research for Heritage.

I just got an email from Heritage offering guitars direct from Heritage. There are about a dozen guitars offered for sale with very complete specs. You must use a dealer for the sale but you can see the guitars offered on Heritages website. I guess this answers a lot of questions. Good times.

I just got an email from Heritage offering guitars direct from Heritage. There are about a dozen guitars offered for sale with very complete specs. You must use a dealer for the sale but you can see the guitars offered on Heritages website. I guess this answers a lot of questions. Good times.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1517873834945370&id=463550993710998&__tn__=%2As

Lol. How timely.

I think this initiative is a great idea that will DEFINITELY help sell more guitars.

The way people prefer do business has done changed IE:Amazon. It's great to see the folks at Heritage recognize this trend and adapt accordingly.

I would LOVE to hear from the dealers if they were contacted ahead of time and how this online purchasing works.

If you need to use a dealer, are the prices listed on the web site and nonnegotiable, or can the dealer set his own price for the guitar on the website?

Has anyone here talked to the new folks at Heritage about offering certain guitars for purchase at the factory tours and or PSP X?

It'd sure be cool if they made a dozen or so of the plain maple models available for say $1750 out the door........I can easily see myself getting swept up in the pageantry of a 225 visit and buying one.

Anyone else?

looks like they took your advice ! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a way you got your wish Polo!

https://heritage-guitar-inc.myshopify.com/collections/guitars

Heritages new buy direct portal.

SO are those prices retail?

I am not buying a guitar, but it still seems like a dealer is going to give better prices than those listed. Yes or no?

SO are those prices retail?

I am not buying a guitar, but it still seems like a dealer is going to give better prices than those listed. Yes or no?

Agreed. Those should be list. The dealer will probably tell you the price break.

I expressed my opinion to the factory!

Bill with your discount you just purchased at Minimum advertised price... Hurts us small fish with $40K in inventory and sets a standard for minimal profits.

Got a dealer web site yet with current inventory posted?

Bet dealers are thinking the same thing....

I am!

I expressed my opinion to the factory!

Bill with your discount you just purchased at Minimum advertised price... Hurts us small fish with $40K in inventory and sets a standard for minimal profits.

I agree Guy! A little perplexed with this. Not much notice.

Archived