Heritage Owners Club

NGD....1997 H150 VSB

brentrocks

I saw this one on Reverb and had been scoping it out for a couple weeks. Talked to the seller and came to a pretty good agreement on it. I knew going in that the binding in the cutaway was seperating slightly, so i took it upon myself to do a DIY repair....LOL

Its a N code....1997. The one thing that stands out to me right away is the darkness of the fretboard. I think its ebony. But is shouldn't be.

So I go through the normal motions after gluing the binding....polish the frets, lemon oil the fretboard, clean and polish the body, etc, and then I swapped out the pickups. It had a SD SH6 and a 59 in it. I put in a set of Alnico II zebras custom wound by Conner Baldacci....they sound GREAT!!!

I also swapped out the Schaller hardware.

It has the typical neck carve for this era....60s style. One piece back and a beautiful flame top.

18301008_10209470342411560_1934948075702

IMG_3627_zpszcr7mees.jpg

IMG_3628_zps1x0joxn9.jpg

IMG_3629_zpsjq9wyrtd.jpg

IMG_3632_zpsd0fjiqg5.jpg

IMG_3637_zpsb4x2matf.jpg

IMG_3647_zpstpw3cwbj.jpg

I was checking that one out too. How does your binding repair look?

it went pretty well...I did get a little super glue on the top of the binding...but the separation is pretty much gone

out of curiosity, why do you say it shouldn't have an ebony board? I have a black translucent from '99 that has an ebony board... just curious? thanks and BTW that guitar is beautiful!

Schweeettt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived