Heritage Owners Club

Custom Core 575's

yoslate

Just opened the e-mail and watched the YouTube demo videos of the Custom Core 575's.  The sunburst is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever laid eyes on!  Color's perfect, and the tortoise shell pick guard and matching truss rod cover complement it perfectly.  A very vintage vibe piece!  Well done, boys and girls!!

They are nice!

HRT-011121123_03-v2 small.jpg

Edited by skydog52

6 hours ago, yoslate said:

Just opened the e-mail and watched the YouTube demo videos of the Custom Core 575's.  The sunburst is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever laid eyes on!  Color's perfect, and the tortoise shell pick guard and matching truss rod cover complement it perfectly.  A very vintage vibe piece!  Well done, boys and girls!!

If you say so?

They sounded nice in the videos, and looked beautiful.  My only gripe is that they should have used nicer, translucent faux tortoise for the guard and truss cover. That laminated product looks cheap.

4 hours ago, big bob said:

If you say so?

It would seem, to those paying even casual attention, that I did. Yes.  You may refer to the first post in the thread if you're unsure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, big bob said:

I would love to see a return to the original wood pick guards 

Me too.  Maybe a step in the wrong direction.  

The full contact bridge base is a step in the right direction.

15 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

That natural one had some SERIOUS flame and killer woody tone!

Me too.  But I imagine if I bought one it wouldn't look like that.  😞

On 4/11/2024 at 8:34 PM, TalismanRich said:

I wonder what they have done that is different from the standard line, other than the headstock size, inlays,  pickups and pick guard.

Price dude!!!

Not to stir up controversy about the latest CC H575's, but there is no mention of them being solid carved top/back/sides like the original 575's.

Heritage's website does not mention 'carved' at all.  Instead it states the following:

The Heritage Custom Shop Core Collection H-575 is a timeless instrument crafted with precision and attention to detail. The body of the Core Collection H-575 is constructed from premium curly maple, enhancing the visual appeal of this beloved tonewood. It is available in two elegant colors: Original Sunburst and Antique Natural. The body is finished with nitrocellulose, providing a vintage gloss that ages beautifully over time. For those seeking a more vintage look, this H-575 is also available in an Artisan Aged finish. The rim wood of the H-575 is made from solid curly maple, contributing to the guitar's resonance and durability.

The rim wood of the H-575 is made from solid curly maple, contributing to the guitar's resonance and durability.

Specs:  Body Material Premium Curly Maple (Top & Body)

Anyone have information from Heritage regarding this?

I can't see Heritage going with anything other than solid rim and carved body.   Plus when they do the laminate for the 535 and 525s, they use basswood and maple to make the laminate if memory serves me.   They may just be using select pieces of maple to do the body vs "standard" maple.

Th original 575s were made from a solid carved maple top, along with solid maple back and sides.  

13 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

I can't see Heritage going with anything other than solid rim and carved body.   Plus when they do the laminate for the 535 and 525s, they use basswood and maple to make the laminate if memory serves me.   They may just be using select pieces of maple to do the body vs "standard" maple.

I think they used poplar back in the day, but either one would do.

• Like 1