mars_hall Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago When I ask this, I do not mean who sends MIDI commands that are decoded by the amp at the end of the path, but rather are decoded by a device that converts the command to discrete TRS or TR signal levels that are plugged into the amp's 1/4" footswitch jacks. I know Voodoo Lab makes the Control Switcher for this function, but was hoping to find a less expensive alternative. Disaster Area Design makes a solution more geared to signaling pedals via smaller TRS cables that are not footswitch output jacks but rather replacements for the much larger 5 pin DIN connector. In other words, the same MIDI command is transmitted through a smaller physical interconnect yet it is still undecoded from a footswitch input point. I would be OK with a solution that did the decode and put the signal levels out on a 5 pin DIN connector, as this is what my Groove Tube Trio preamp can accept as an alternatie to the the normal 1/4" jacks. See the 5 pin DIN foot switch connector below. What I am working on... The intellifex processors are gone with a TC Electroni G-Major/2 in their place. What do you know and/or use? Thanks in advance
JeffB Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago Sorry, I cant help. That all looks really great. I want stuff like that. The thought that I had while I was reading your post was - if I had that sort of question, I would ask mars_hall. 1
DetroitBlues Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago You lost me at Midi...I just plug a guitar cable into an amp.
mars_hall Posted 1 hour ago Author Posted 1 hour ago 1 hour ago, DetroitBlues said: You lost me at Midi...I just plug a guitar cable into an amp. That is the same end game for me. Getting there, though, is a little more involved. Did an Amp and MIDI controller for my Sr Design Project while in undergrad at Purdue. Everything was designed, fabricated, and coded from scratch, so I had to get familiar with the entire system in order to get the grade. I was kind of really hoping to shorten that cycle a bit with something closer to ready-made/off the shelf.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now