Heritage Owners Club

The big reveal!

RJLII

Well I just picked up the H-550 from Moreno's Guitar Clinic. All I can say is wow! Pete leveled the frets and adjusted the neck for super low action, plus swapped out the roller bridge for a standard Tune-O-Matic and topped it all off with a new set of flatwound 12's. While it was in the shop I ebonized the pickguard for a little more traditional look. This girl plays really sweet now and the tone has changed dramatically. The change in the bridge seemed to eliminate all the sympathetic harmonics I was getting from the strings between the bridge and tailpiece, and the heavier strings balanced out the sound too. No more boomy bottom end and weak highs. The tone from each string is as thick as a milkshake.

Time to get to work on some Jazz Standards!

3900937707_ba18fdf7ec_b.jpg

Pete does great work!!!

it looks great man!!!

I agree (on both counts). What really blows me away is how it plays now. I'm thinking it will be getting a lot more attention in the future.

I've got to tell you Brent, I'm really glad you helped me reconnect with Pete. He's worked on my guitars since about 1982, except for the period from 1994 through this past year when I lost track of him. That's what I get for moving away from Kalamazoo!

I agree (on both counts). What really blows me away is how it plays now. I'm thinking it will be getting a lot more attention in the future.

I've got to tell you Brent, I'm really glad you helped me reconnect with Pete. He's worked on my guitars since about 1982, except for the period from 1994 through this past year when I lost track of him. That's what I get for moving away from Kalamazoo!

I'm glad i could help...i am always so pleased when he does stuff for me too.

Brent that is outstanding...would love to here a clip of it ..all those changes sound like a winner...congratulations on a real beauty........now ...if you want me to come over and show you how I play ..er (stumble) through "Moonlight In Vermont"....I'll catch the next plane :violent4:

Once I get Autumn Leaves nailed down I'll try to get a clip posted. I'm guessing it will take at least a couple weeks to put together a respectable performance.

Here's another shot out in the yard. It was a tough shot. With all the rain we've had the skeeters are fierce!

A little sunlight brightens the burst right up. I'm glad you folks like the way it turned out.

- Rob

3903734455_628cc9277e_b.jpg

Here's another shot out in the yard. It was a tough shot. With all the rain we've had the skeeters are fierce!

A little sunlight brightens the burst right up. I'm glad you folks like the way it turned out.

- Rob

3903734455_628cc9277e_b.jpg

That is a beauty. How long did it take to get the tune up?

You have me gassing for a jazz box.

That is a beauty. How long did it take to get the tune up?

Pete had it a week but he talked like he could have finished it is just a few days. I was out of town for several days after I dropped it off so I told him to just take his time. He had a fair amount of other work in his shop and I couldn't see rushing mine when I couldn't be back to pick it up for a week anyway.

You have me gassing for a jazz box.

There's only one cure for gas!

It looks exactly like Joe's 550. It is a fine guitar. Some times I show up with out a guitar. That means I am playing the 550 that night. ^_^

Archived