Jump to content
Heritage Owners Club

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Thanks for posting that, it was really good! at first I thought it was the same as the vid I posted, but it's different. I guess he always swings his arms like that when he enters a room 😁
  4. I'd buy that if it had an espresso machine too. A footswitch controllable espresso machine, with an arm that brings it up beside the microphone
  5. I integrated all this stuff by using a Fender ToneMaster Pro. You can use it as a modeling amp with a full-range speaker or just sending it to the PA board directly if you like. However it is also designed to work well as a pedal board, and it actually does that really well and you get your choice of hundreds of effect pedals and a huge number of presets you can build just by drag-and-dropping them on the screen. You can even change the impedance load the guitar sees, so it mimics stuff like old-vintage fuzz-faces that really load down the guitar (which alters the tone). The board also has two relay-contact outputs, so if you want to build presets that use the built-in tremolo effect in your old Fender amp, or turn the amp's reverb on and off, or operate channel switches from the Tone Master Pro itself. The Tone Master pro also processes MIDI commands and allows for two expression pedals too. I was building a new pedal board with the pedals I've been collecting since I was a teenage in the early 80's. Then I looked at how valuable they've become and how big and heavy the pedal board was becoming. It just made more sense to get the Tone Master Pro. It does a lot. It also can simultaneously accept a low-Z microphone and run a vocals chain with a preamp and compression/limiter at the same time.
  6. Yesterday
  7. I use a HOTONE Ampero for my Quad Cortex and I have no complaints.
  8. Looks like I will go with a Suhr microMIDI to do the conversion for a single amp two channel TRS switch. Reverb has sold used ones in the $70-80 range and new are about $120 shipped
  9. Last week
  10. I still love rack systems!
  11. How about some audio clips so we can hear the results?
  12. On a related note, I feel pretty happy I was able to get another rack setup going and share resources between them. I used my Hughes & Kettner Access preamp (H&K's response to the Triaxis), which has great tone and feel. I placed this into the effects loop of my Rocktron Prophesy allowing me to use the effects of the Prophesy, which are deeply configurable and sound great. I used the built in responses to drive the front end of the Access (compression, wah, hush,...) and the output effects of the prophesy, very conparable to an Intellifex on steroids.. At the same time I disabled the Prophesy's presamp. I knew this was possible years ago, but finally got around to figuring out the workable paths. Both preamps can be switched in/out via MIDI so it is like an XOR situation. Output goes into my Legacy III which drives a matching 4x12 cabinet with Greenbacks.
  13. Hi All, when it's about Vibe(s) the choice of a real good one is a bit of a quest IMO. I always wanted one that I could really appreciate and honestly I didn't think a "modern" built one could be good as the MDV-3. I bought it new a while back and left it in another place for a while and it's now with me. It's the case I can say: good Vibe(s) 🙂 It can be deep or shallow but it's always adding something to the tone, Vibrato or Chorus in Modern or Vintage settings. It adds depth without taking anything off from the guitar voice. I use a Menatone Red Snapper Mojo (hand built) as input. More joy using single coils though.
      • 2
      • Upvote
  14. Thanks for posting this Chris. I hadn't seen this one. Whoever that Pete guy is, he seems to know a thing or two about guitars.
  15. If you think that Milly is fine, Gitfiddler has an Eagle that would surpass it, but he is a modest kind of guy.
  16. I must say, that's one fine looking Millennium and a fine looking amp as well in that discussion..... Fine! 😁
  17. Heritage described the construction of the Millennium models as "semi-solid"... Here's an old HOC thread that discusses it:
  18. Bit of a tone report, used the Kendrick at a gig a couple weeks ago. Just running my typical pedal board, modulation and all, to the front of the amp and it was awesome. It fit in the mix just right and cleaned up perfectly with the volume on the guitar rolled back. My sole overdrive was just a Timmy V3. So much fun with a small combo.
  19. Behringer was immediately sued for making near exact clones to include logo and naming. Zero shame in their game. They've done the same for high gain amps too if memory services. There are a lot of demo's and videos out there. It even when so far as stating the Digitech Bad Monkey was suitable as a Klon-like pedal. The prices skyrocketed on those pedals for a hot minute.. Debating selling mine for that very reason. Paid probably $25 for it years ago and they were selling for close to $200 used because of a video Josh Scott from JHS made comparing his actual Klon to the Bad Monkey.
  20. Does a H155 count?
  21. Heritage has made thin bodies with solid tops but not as a sustained model. I don't know the worth of a solid top over a full center block with mounted controls and two pickups on a thin body. Maybe. I don't recall such a model. The Gibson Johnny A used solid woods in a small hollow archtop. I really couldn't hear a difference in recordings with this design compared to a weight relievied H-150 or Gibson Les Paul Supreme. But that's just me. I know people who hear things that I have no idea what they're talking about.
  22. At 24:50 of the video you will see Rob. He gets maybe two seconds tops of this video- no more. I point this out as an example of the incredible talent Heritage has. Of course Pete Farmer is a seasoned excellent luthier. Rob has been a luthier building solid bodies, flattops and archtops for decades. He also is a master in designing and building pickups. An entire video of an interview with just him could take up an hour easily without being boring. He's rewired creatively severaly guitars for me without breaking a sweat. The talent Heritage has is impressive. I have been in the plant since the Gibson days. IMO, the factory has never run better from a quality perspective. That is not to say Gibson and early Heritage didn't make masterpieces. They did, of course. Nowadays the consistency seems to be very high. Dogs and borderline instruments don't appear to make it through. We should be proud of and grateful to these guys. I'm impressed.
  23. Licks belong to those who can play them.
  24. Or could just learn all the licks Clapton stole from the masters, especially Albert King
  25. Nice H150, I'd like to hear some recordings of this guitar and your band.
  26. I use MIDI to switch preamps all of the time. However, the Egnater/Synergy stuff is already MIDI so it was not too tricky to set it up. In my acoustic rig I also use MIDI to switch IRs in my line 6 powercab. I use a really nice Martin D-28 IR and a Gibson Loar mando Ir.....I switch instruments hit a button and I get a different preset in the PC. I am an old guy and back in the 80s I stupidly thought MIDI was just for keyboards. I learned of quite a few applications for guitar and stubbornly learned how to set it up but in no way can I do all of the things I know it can do.
  27. I'm waiting til they model the smell of a warmed up tube amp modelling amps are bad for your heart, the more you play the more you fart
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...