Heritage Owners Club

525 Wake-up Call

Gitfiddler

9:10AM, the door bell rings. I'm sleeping in after a tough week on the road for business.

Next, a hard knock on the door...then another in rapid succession.

It is the police?! I did not care. Someone was going to get their butt kicked today!

It was FedEx with a guitar box. My attitude changed to sweetness and light (and forgiveness) in less than a nano second!!

Here's why...

heritageh525headstock.jpg

heritageh525bodycloseup.jpg

heritageh525front1.jpg

Welcome to the 525 club! That is STUNNING!! I love the flame, and the pickguard. Mine has gold bell knobs, but had black speed knobs in the case when I bought it used; I gotta get those changed, yours looks great!! Here's my "subdued" sunburst 525;

PSPIII151.jpg

Guest mgoetting

It's funny. I look at that wonderful guitar but only see a PG. I very much need one for my 525. Now I see how good a 525 does look with one.

Hope you enjoy yours like i do mine.

Holy Frijoles Guitfiddler! You and I need to crack a 30yr Macallan with a couple Cubans (cigars, not girls) and just ogle your collection! Then, when we've roached the last of Fidel's finest and the bottle runs dry, we'll pick them up and see if we can play homage.

Happy NGD seems redundant. Smile!

I have a mental "Top 10 Heritage Guitars of All Time" ...... That guitar just made the list.

Just stunning, the best Sunset Burst I have ever seen, FROM ANY COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a mental "Top 10 Heritage Guitars of All Time" ...... That guitar just made the list.

Just stunning, the best Sunset Burst I have ever seen, FROM ANY COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am with Kuz on this one. I like the way the flame is visible all the way to the edge. This has to the the best looking Heritage in your harem of exceptional Heritage guitars.

I've been playing this thing off and on most of the day. What an incredible guitar. It's got tone to die for in all three positions. I've wanted one of these ever since I saw Steve Horn's beautiful 525 a few years ago. Now I truly understand why so many of you guys scored H525's since then! Amazing instruments.

The amp in the picture is a Blues Jr. with a custom cabinet built by the late owner of Sultone Cabinets.

To special order this custom build was a dream come true...but the final product plays and sounds even better than I expected. The pickguard was an after the fact request I made to the dealer. I was worried that it would detract from the guitar. Marv exceeded my exptectations!!

Here are the specs:

Lollar P90's

Tone Pros Hardware

Choice Woods (top/back/sides)

Sunset Burst

'59 Thick Neck Profile

Pearl Mini-Block Inlays

Rosewood Fretboard

Pearl Heritage logo in headstock

Bound Headstock and Neck

As requested, here's a shot of the rear of the neck. It is shaded a bit, but not a repeat of the Sunset Burst. I love the way the Mahogany grain shows through the dark nitro. Best of all, the profile fits my hand perfectly. The whole thing has a vintage feel to it. Amazing!

heritageh525rearnecksn.jpg

heritageh525frbody3.jpg

Archived