Heritage Owners Club

Who would sell a $5K Brazilian PRS to buy a Heritage?

Kuz

PRS Modern Eagle....Brazilian neck....will never be produced again....AMAZING tone...

Who would ever sell this guitar to buy a Heritage?

I know someone who did.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PRS Modern Eagle....Brazilian neck....will never be produced again....AMAZING tone...

Who would ever sell this guitar to buy a Heritage?

I know someone who did.

Well Im pretty sure you had a Modern Eagle.

Both choices can be an amazing instrument. Either one would be a pleasure to have in the house...

But us HOCers tend to gravitate towards instruments that speak to us on a personal level. And handcrafted in Kalamazoo by those that know how it's done.. well , that is a hard choice to beat.

One of the PRS forums have gone off line after learning of the news.

I had a Modern Eagle for a breif while. Never bonded with it. Wasnt too long after I got my H150.

Have my eye on a nice CU22 with 5708's now..... Looks like another Heritage is in my future.

I traded in a 2005 PRS McCarty Gold Top with a solid rosewood neck and P90 pickups

(McSoapy, McRosie there are a lot of nicnames for PRS guitars kinda like nicnames for Brently) for a Mille.

The PRS was great but something had to go. I will miss that PRS, as I do my 1961 Les Paul SG,

1970 Martin D35 and 1972ish Martin Double Cut Semi-Hollow 2 pickup electric. Life goes on.

I can't do PRS. I've tried and they are downright awful guitars in my eyes. ne of the worst guitars I've ever played was my buddy's dad's 2,000 pound PRS. It was heavy, lifeless, and sounded completely sterile. I was so glad to go home to my 400 pound Gretsch that night.

I can't do PRS. I've tried and they are downright awful guitars in my eyes. ne of the worst guitars I've ever played was my buddy's dad's 2,000 pound PRS. It was heavy, lifeless, and sounded completely sterile. I was so glad to go home to my 400 pound Gretsch that night.

Theyre not for every one and despite what Paul Smith says, they aren't really all that consistent in sound either. There are some fairly dead ones and some that have something pretty cool going on. I would never buy one I couldnt play unless I had the luxury and inclination to buy and sell a few. I have two SAS's infront of me right now and they are two different sounding and feeling guitars. Im not just talking about p/ups etc. Right now I have more than a hankering for a particular cu22.

All the PRS guitars I have owned have been great guitars. Their tone is different, more modern sounding. I applaud Paul on making some new designs, although lately he is trying to out due Gibson.

I still have 2 PRS guitars left in my herd. They are great guitars in their own right. THEY ARE NOT HERITAGE guitars, and thus why I moved another, but they are great guitars. The ones I still own are more vintage voiced, but no where as vintage as my Heritages. They both have Trems which I occasionally need.

Hey, who wants all their guitars to sound the same?

Actually I agree with both Kuz and Tully. I have 6 PRS. I think I could sell two without feeling any loss. But the other four I will never sell. And the 2 DGT's I have speak to the consistency of that guitar at least. So Kuz, are going to spill the beans?

Good topic cuz. Probably just a bonding thing with the prs. I have had some very sought after guitars over the years but never bonded with them wich makes them a dust collecter, so I got rid of them without regret. I have a stratocaster I wouldnt trade for anything heritage makes just because I know I would never replace its sound and playability and the bond. I also have a 157 I wouldnt trade for any guitar on earth for the same reason. I personally feel it is a matter of the bond you have with the guitar vrs the brand of guitar it is, that may be why the prs got the ole' trade a roony. Just my take on the topic:

I have a '94 PRS SE24 that is just stellar. It's a transition guitar, still has the smaller neck heel And MoP Birds when they weren't de jour on SE24s. It was my main guitar for 10 yrs. That one will be one of the last guitars I ever sell (since I won't sell the LPC). Had a McRosie that was absolutely one of the best tonally balanced guitars I've ever had. Nothing shrill about the bridge, nothing boomy about the neck; just a great guitar. Sold it to fund the Millie NFH.

Hmmm, got to wonder what Mr. Kuz has in the works. My guess is a big jazz box of one flavor or the other, since John sold the Golden Eagle and missed out on buying it back. Or maybe a Super KB. Something along those lines. ................. Just my WAG.

Kuz wants us to guess so my thinking is...

He has enough 150s (4) Semi with P90 and Humbuckers, a 525 and a Custom 575 and regrets selling his Sweet 16. He needs a Millie but I vote a Henry Johnson and P90's (or Charlie Christians) that would be killer.

John will "spill the beans" if one of us gets close to his next pride and joy.

As far as Paul Smith and his guitars I agree they are super pretty and lots of great players have and love them. I liked mine lots at first but had no regrets letting it go AFTER my first 150.

His concept of blending Fender and Gibson's best attributes makes a lot of sense when you have to choose only one guitar. MOST of us are so spoiled that we know this. Having the best Gibsons types AND the best Fenders types rule.

Like... part sports car and part truck.< sports car and a truck

I like a variety of guitars...my 3 Heritages among my favorites...I do have 7 PRS though and every one has been bought new on line and not played till I got them...every one has been perfect and sound incredible..I only live an hour from the PRS factory and have been there many times and am always impressed by the work ethic and the relationship with the employees and the PRS execs.....but I also love Gretsch guitars a lot (they are a different animal)also own Rickenbacker, Fender, Gibson, Martin, G & L, Carvin (really well made and I think underrated) and variety of mandolins and bouzouki's...I guess I just love a wide variety of stringed instruments!!!

I was introduced to Heritage by my local Ma & Pa music store in 2006 (got my 535 new from them then) got my 575 from a member here, and the 157 from Jay Wolfe...all 3 excellent players, and look amazing, ..... nice to have 3 guitars that are completely hand made!! ... would love to add a 550 and a Millie in the future :icon_thumright:

Kuz wants us to guess so my thinking is...

He has enough 150s (4) Semi with P90 and Humbuckers, a 525 and a Custom 575 and regrets selling his Sweet 16.

He needs a Millie
but I vote a Henry Johnson and P90's (or Charlie Christians) that would be killer.

John will "spill the beans" if one of us gets close to his next pride and joy.

As far as Paul Smith and his guitars I agree they are super pretty and lots of great players have and love them. I liked mine lots at first but had no regrets letting it go AFTER my first 150.

His concept of blending Fender and Gibson's best attributes makes a lot of sense when you have to choose only one guitar. MOST of us are so spoiled that we know this. Having the best Gibsons types AND the best Fenders types rule.

Like... part sports car and part truck.< sports car and a truck

clip_image004.jpg

I have a '94 PRS SE24 that is just stellar. It's a transition guitar, still has the smaller neck heel And MoP Birds when they weren't de jour on SE24s. It was my main guitar for 10 yrs. That one will be one of the last guitars I ever sell (since I won't sell the LPC). Had a McRosie that was absolutely one of the best tonally balanced guitars I've ever had. Nothing shrill about the bridge, nothing boomy about the neck; just a great guitar. Sold it to fund the Millie NFH.

Hmmm, got to wonder what Mr. Kuz has in the works. My guess is a big jazz box
of one flavor or the other, since John sold the Golden Eagle and missed out on buying it back. Or maybe a Super KB. Something along those lines. ................. Just my WAG.

HEAT_WAVE_072605.jpg

If Kuz sold his $5k PRS (a killer looking gitfiddle!!) to fund a new Heritage custom order, my guess is that it is going to be one very special git.

OK, we've all read about how much he regretted selling his beautiful Sweet 16, and how much he loves his custom ordered one-off 535 P90.

SO my guess is that he's going for another jazz box (ala Golden Eagle or Henry Johnson) with P90's. Just my guess. But whatever it is, I'm certain it will be top notch and drool worthy.

If Kuz sold his $5k PRS (a killer looking gitfiddle!!) to fund a new Heritage custom order, my guess is that it is going to be one very special git.

OK, we've all read about how much he regretted selling his beautiful Sweet 16, and how much he loves his custom ordered one-off 535 P90.

SO my guess is that he's going for another jazz box (ala Golden Eagle or Henry Johnson) with P90's. Just my guess. But whatever it is, I'm certain it will be top notch and drool worthy.

HEAT_WAVE_072605.jpg

clip_image004.jpg

HEAT_WAVE_072605.jpg

That thermometer reads over 90! You must be getting warm GuitFiddler.

Archived