Heritage Owners Club

Who would sell a $5K Brazilian PRS to buy a Heritage?

Kuz

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just excellent, John.

Does this mean you're now ready to sell me your Vibrolux?

Dream on, my Northern buddy. What do you think I am going to play this bad boy through????

What this means is that I need more cool jazz rhythm tracks... from some guy that used to send me some... that bought an old amp from me.... THAT's what this means!!!! (LOL)

OR it means I should finish the last couple tracks you sent me. (Arggh, kids & work take up so much time!)

that is a breathtaking guitar...!!

Syd Barret is wondering: have you got it yet?

No I haven't got it yet. I am waiting for the weather to warm up so the finish won't crack.

I set the ETA at a couple weeks.

John,

That's a very, very nice guitar. The cutaway, the mounted pup, and the 1 3/4" nut were all features that called out to me. In the end I got a skinnier version with a thinner nut and a few other minor differences. But it was a very close call to me.

Since we all like pics, here's a few. The workmanship on both of these custom GEs is out of this world.

You will love the tones.

689.jpg?t=1297825409684.jpg?t=1297825649742.jpg?t=1297825727686.jpg?t=1297825801710.jpg?t=1297826143

John,

That's a very, very nice guitar. The cutaway, the mounted pup, and the 1 3/4" nut were all features that called out to me last year. In the end I got a skinnier version with a few minor differences. But it was a very close call to me.

Congrats.

John,

That's a very, very nice guitar. The cutaway, the mounted pup, and the 1 3/4" nut were all features that called out to me last year. In the end I got a skinnier version with a few minor differences. But it was a very close call to me.

Congrats.

Back Off, Varmint! I already got dibbs on that blonde bombshell!

img_6HbSop.jpg

loads of PRS, only four of those.. Nice guitar John, enjoy it. When do you get it?

It may ship today, we are getting a break from the sub-freezing temps.

PRS Modern Eagle....Brazilian neck....will never be produced again....AMAZING tone...

Who would ever sell this guitar to buy a Heritage?

I know someone who did.

The more relevant question would be, "Who wouldn't sell this guitar to buy a Heritage?"....

The more relevant question would be, "Who wouldn't sell this guitar to buy a Heritage?"....

The PRS Modern Eagle has a solid Brazilian Rosewood neck and sounded incredible. I will never be able to own a new one and won't be able to afford a used one. It was a VERY difficult decision to the point that I almost stopped the sale. But in the end having a handmade spruce archtop was more important to me.

The main tipping point to selling the PRS Modern Eagle was that my Custom 555 with Throbak pickups got almost the same tone as the PRS, so I could let the PRS go.

• 1 month later...

The PRS Modern Eagle has a solid Brazilian Rosewood neck and sounded incredible. I will never be able to own a new one and won't be able to afford a used one. It was a VERY difficult decision to the point that I almost stopped the sale. But in the end having a handmade spruce archtop was more important to me.

The main tipping point to selling the PRS Modern Eagle was that my Custom 555 with Throbak pickups got almost the same tone as the PRS, so I could let the PRS go.

And with that statement Kuz, I think we can all pack up and go home, because it is clear you now own THE SEXIEST, GREATEST HERITAGE I HAVE EVER SEEN! At least until you go get another, yet different Heritage custom built for you.

Congrats mate, that thing is COMPLETELY MENTAL!!! I want to go for a long swim in the flame back finish! :)

And with that statement Kuz, I think we can all pack up and go home, because it is clear you now own THE SEXIEST, GREATEST HERITAGE I HAVE EVER SEEN! At least until you go get another, yet different Heritage custom built for you.

Congrats mate, that thing is COMPLETELY MENTAL!!! I want to go for a long swim in the flame back finish! :)

Thanks so much and this Florentine Eagle is living up to the hype. Certainly my favorite arch top. But one correction. This was not custom ordered by me! It was a limited piece ordered by Wolfe guitars and I found it one their site. Just great luck that no one snatched it up before me!

Archived