Heritage Owners Club

NGD she's here

big bob

Well she's here and quite the stunner.. Barry was great to let me wrestle her from his grip.

As she is, the finish in the back is quite wormed, and dull. The top however is F-ing fall down stunning.

all the hardware looks new.

I get her plugged in and the schallers (I assume) are quite weak and anemic. not sure what I will do? but will be fun

I really do not care for how she is wired either, so tonight I'm going to strip her down.

Take off all the hardware and electronics and go from there.

Thanks Barry, this will be a great project!

024.jpg

008.jpg?t=1299885088

009.jpg

015.jpg

022.jpg

025.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lance I'm jealous on two counts. That is a beautiful guitar, that's a special blue. You'll enjoy that one especially

when you get it sonically how you like it.

The other point is the background. Blue water.

There is still 6 inches of snow on my pool cover and we are supposed to get more tomorrow! :icon_smurf:

Have fun.

015.jpg

they were schallers, now they are gone.. I have striped the guitar. I will start wet sanding the body tomorow.. I'm thinking two filtertrons and a p-90 for the pups.. what say you..

THAT sounds like a kick-ass combination, Lance!

Yeah, those Schallers had one screw because they were swapped and then put back in , I believe.

Lance.. do you mean....

Two of these.. filtron-chr.jpg

And this in the middle.... 31VBd1eXeKL.jpg

something like that!, think it would work..?

I'm also thinking about a bigsby b7

What kinda sound are you looking for out of it? you could always put a buncha dimarzio super distortions in it like some famous guitar guy did.

Congrats on the score, Mr. Fixit! The top is incredible!

What kinda sound are you looking for out of it? you could always put a buncha dimarzio super distortions in it like some famous guitar guy did.

I have a great vintage 80's super distortion..was also thinking of the super D. in the bridge a p-90 in the mid and a filtertron in the neck

something like that!, think it would work..?

I'm also thinking about a bigsby b7

It seems very cool tone wise ( I admit I don't have any Filtrons ).

Go for a cool look also.. it might with that combo.

I had trouble finding pics that the finish was the same, I can't picture how it'll look.

I love my Super Distortion/ DiM PAF in my 140, it really rocks but sounds good turned down also.

That's why four pickup guitars are few and far between. Just too damn many options!

B2 Nice ax!

Congrats on the great snag! It's like looking into the ocean on a sunny day.

For your P90 may I suggest a Phat Cat!

I wanna see this baby when I visit Florida next winter!

Happy tinkering! : ) Keep us abreast of the developments. :downtown:

What are you doing lance?

The first thing will be a simple buff down with rubbing compound then wax. that way I know what she looks like cleaned up. My best guess is the worming on the back will still bug me and I will do a light wet sand with 800 grit to see if I can soften the appearance and feel of the worming. Then rewire with different pups and maybe a bigsby b12

B12-tn.jpg

still not sure what pups but will probably want a p90 or single of some sort in the mid position.

Just going off topic a bit, Barry, have you replaced it with anything?

Nice project Lance, I am a great believer in making something your own.

Archived